Want to help build the future of healthcare IT? We’re one of the fastest growing startups in healthcare. Our mission is to bring patients and their healthcare teams together.
We’re looking for a talented, creative and thoughtful designer to join our London-based team and build a design team.
- Our aim is to fix communication in healthcare
- We help GP practices communicate with their patients, with their team, and with other teams involved in a patient’s care
- We’re growing fast, and are used in almost 10% of GP practices in the country
- You live and breathe beautiful and effective design. You’ve got a strong portfolio of software projects that backs this up.
- You care deeply about creating the best user experience, can pick things up fast, and have a strong grasp of user psychology
- You’re a whizz with Balsamiq/Sketch/Marvel/Figma/pen & paper/something else – we’re not wedded to any tools here (other than the whiteboard) and want you to show us how it’s done
- You love solving problems in both an analytical and creative way and can help others in the team do this too
- You have a deep understanding of a wide range of design methodologies, and put in place strong processes for ensuring quality, consistency and that we meet user needs
- You thrive in a culture of feedback – giving it and receiving it
- You’re a self-starter and can take a brief and then develop and follow your own plans towards a goal
- You’re friendly and approachable – whether it’s with our team, visitors, or job candidates
- You care about making healthcare better for patients and staff. (You don’t need a healthcare background, but let us know if you have one!)
Creating a beautiful, functional and consistent product aesthetic
Working in healthcare is tough. We want our users to experience joy every time they use our software. We need you to develop our own design principles that can scale as the design team grows. We also need you to create robust interaction models, that bring together a wide range of functionality, without compromising on usability. You’ll make designs taking into account our roadmap of future functionality.
Making it intuitive
We don’t believe in providing training to our users – we think it’s a workaround for poor design. Our software is provided completely self-service, so you need to be able to take complex concepts and make them easy to understand and use. Our userbase has a wide range of digital literacy that we need to support.
Embedding design in the way we work
Everyone in the team is shaping user experience. No matter how detailed your specifications, they’ll be making design decisions. You’ll work closely with our Head of User Research to make sure that the whole team shares strong empathy with our users, and that they understand the rationale behind design decisions. You’ll embed design processes in each sprint, so that we can produce high quality features at pace.
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Meaningful share options, so that you own a small part of the company
- Plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow
- Daily free breakfast and fruit in the office
- Weekly team lunches
- Monthly team dinners
- Annual team retreat
- High-spec technical setup
- £400 annual fitness and exercise bonus, to help keep you active
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays of course)
- Work with a friendly, dynamic and agile team to address some of the biggest healthcare challenges
- A beautiful new office in Haggerston (right by the station)