We’re looking for an experienced interactive product designer to help us deliver the best experience for our customers on our responsive web app.
Ideal Flatmate is an online flat matchmaking service that brings together compatible flatmates using a simple 20-question survey and an algorithm. The site has grown fast since launching in 2016, and now attracts over 100,000 users per month. More information can be found at www.idealflatmate.co.uk.
Projects you could be working on:
- Designing critical improvements for the flat-hunting process on our site, including search, profiles and messaging * with the goal of driving up engagement.
Improving the listing process for landlords, including working out how to encourage more customers to upgrade to our premium packages.
- Taking a look at how we can drive more virality for our flatmate matching quiz and algorithm
You should apply if:
- You want to work as part of small team, solving really interesting user experience challenges and seeing the results of your work quickly.
- You’re highly empathetic towards customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You’re comfortable in a startup environment where shipping a product quickly and testing it with real customers is valued over total perfection.
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable working with developers to deliver your design work
- You are flexible; our requirements and opinions sometimes change more often than bigger, older companies.
- You can show us a detailed portfolio of your own interactive design work.
To apply, please send a CV or LinkedIn profile and a brief cover note