Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Care Sourcer is the UK’s first comparison and matching site for care and we’re on a mission to fix the broken care system.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a Product Designer who wants to make a significant and positive impact on people’s lives, during a time when they need help the most.
So here’s the thing: the UK care system is full of complexity.
On one hand, the people trying to find care are navigating one of the most complex financial and personal decisions of their lives. And on the other hand, the care providers are trying to operate in an underfunded sector which is struggling with the immense demands of an increasingly older society.
Design plays a crucial role in making complex things easier and accessible in order to build trusted relationships in the care system.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading all the user experience and design work in your team, collaborating with product managers, user researchers, engineers, marketers and other stakeholders across the business.
- Actively participating in user research, experimentation and testing of the team’s designs and integrating the changes into your design process.
- Helping to establish Care Sourcer’s design system by creating thoughtful, effective and inclusive patterns and practices.
- Designing for a multitude of products used by the NHS, Care Sourcer service team, families looking for care and care providers, across the UK.
- Significantly contributing to new product developments that will be taken to market and scaled appropriately across different parts of the UK.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Multiple years experience in a design role, ideally working on a consumer-facing technology product or service.
- A track record of working through a design process with experience across different methodologies such as storyboarding, wireframe sketching and prototyping.
- Strong experience understanding and working with user and stakeholder needs, to develop insights and translate into compelling design solutions.
- A well considered portfolio with clear examples of making complex things easier and accessible.
- Technical expertise and competence in digital design software such as Sketch or Figma.
- Experience in implementing web applications and following accessible web practices working closely with engineering.
- Strong communication skills to engage team members across the company and facilitate effective design workshops.
- You don’t need to have worked in a tech startup, however we are looking for direct experience of designing for a new products that have been launched in the market.
How to apply:
To apply please send us your CV and covering letter (this doesn’t have to be exhaustive, but we’d love to hear why you’d like to work with us), and a link to your design portfolio.
Our hiring process usually involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to our Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the Care Sourcer team.
In October 2018, Ray Fong joined us as a Product Designer. Here’s what Ray has to say about working at Care Sourcer:
“Working at Care Sourcer has been amazing so far! Previously I have worked in organisations that had a traditional top-down approach where people higher up tell you what to do and you can’t question it, you just do it, at Care Sourcer everyone has equal say and you can question everything, it is such a breath of fresh air! I feel empowered knowing that I am trusted with the decisions I am making and supported with very talented colleagues.”
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here’s what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland’s most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index. We can assist with relocation costs
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time – an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don’t have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience – we’ll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options
Got any questions or would like to chat with one of our team? Please get in touch with email@example.com