insightsoftware is seeking a UI/UX Designer to represent several crucial parts of the product design life cycle, from creating conceptual wireframes to designing and implementing rich user interfaces.
You will report through Product Management but work closely with development teams. Your designs will be directly reflected in the products we develop for customers and define pathways for future features to pursue. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for, and history of, designing top-notch experiences, as well as supporting development teams through a well-rounded set of design skills that range from wireframes to high fidelity designs.
What will you do?
- Help define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed mockups, prototypes, or flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conduct or participate in product usability tests.
- Work with product managers and developers to iterate on and refine the existing experience.
- Stay informed of the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns.
- Understand general UX design and best practices.
- Create and maintain UX documentation for design process.
- Ensure user interface guidelines and standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product.
- Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members
How will you do it?
- Passion for your Craft – Dedicated to continually improving your skills
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solve complex issues through to completion
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced iterative development environment and quality learn and adapt to new technologies
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high quality results
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human–Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years design, development, or prototyping experience.
- Design portfolio demonstrating a strong design process with interaction and visual design skills.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally, globally and building consensus amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and user workflows
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, ability and desire to learn.
- Work independently with minimal direction
- A solid understanding of the design and product development processes
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills