Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The product design team at Metromile is responsible for designing new features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience in a collaborative, dynamic, and iterative environment. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small, mission-focused team, as we scale the product and design organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will work with other team members to craft experiences for both our web and mobile products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join the tight-knit team we’d love to hear from you!
- Work within the design team on a variety of platforms and products
- Champion the users' point of view in discussions of new product features
- Partner with our product management team to deliver a unified vision of how our products work
- Design high-fidelity visual comps and design communication/specs or prototypes to convey your design vision
- Work directly with the product team and engineering counterparts in launching features/products
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of your design, product, and development triumvirate
- Revise your designs based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and customer support feedback
- 3-4+ years experience in product design (at least 1 mobile product)
- 1+ years in design leadership as a senior, lead, etc
- Portfolio examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs
- Experience assimilating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc. (extra special bonus points if you were involved in the research!)
- Experience creating functional prototypes (using HTML, CSS, etc) and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Proficient with a wide arsenal of design software packages and tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.