A generation is growing up without the tools or information they need to confidently build their financial future.
Whether the next goal is getting on the property ladder, starting their own business or paying for the big day, they are not being supported effectively by current providers.
For many, the concept of ‘wealth’ seems alien; it seems both too general and something only other people have.
That’s because there isn’t enough help available;
• the ‘wealth management’ industry is set up for those who already have wealth, not those who need to build it.
• banks are focused on selling products rather than helping people to achieve financial outcomes.
• financial planning is not taught at school or at work.
All of this means people don’t know where to start, taking part feels alien and unachievable everything seems very complicated
Our ambition is to help a generation invest in their future.
• Moneybox is on a mission to change the way people save and invest toward their future. Forget old-school finance – we make saving and investing part of your everyday life and help you achieve your goals, be it buying a house, saving for your children or something much more frivolous! ?
• Moneybox enables you to invest the change from your everyday purchases into simple tracker funds. For example, when you buy your morning coffee for £2.40, you can invest the 60p change into tracker funds within your ISA. This means that a you can set money aside to invest before you’ve finished your breakfast – not a bad start to the day! ?
• We have won multiple awards, and are currently one of the fastest growing fintech apps in the UK. ?
• We were founded in July 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Ben Stanway and Charlie Mortimer and currently have a team of 45.
• We are authorised and regulated by the FCA and are backed by some of the UK’s leading venture capital investors.
We’re looking for a designer with best-in-class visual skills and a solid experience of UX practice to join Moneybox. The successful candidate will be part of the core agile team designing for the native app and web products. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the Moneybox visual brand language.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Develop design concepts from initial sketches through to polished final screens and assets
• Create rapid prototypes that explore the structure and behaviour of design proposals
• Create conceptual flows and diagrams that describe systems and models
• Work directly with the Growth and Development teams to create functional deliverables of the highest standard.
• Support the Marketing team to evolve the Moneybox brand language
Who you are
• A designer with a visual focus and a strong working knowledge of UX practice
• A practitioner of User Centred Design
• Passionate about all things app and web
• Up to date with the latest developments with iOS and Material Design
• Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable working collaboratively in a Multi-disciplinary team?
Experience and Skills
• BA degree in Visual Communication Design, UX or product design
• 5 years + experience of working in a full time UX position
• A strong portfolio of design work with examples of Visual and UX execution
• Experience of both Android and iOS platforms
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in presenting concepts to senior stakeholders
• Experience in working directly with front and back end development
• Familiar with Agile methodology
• Fluency in English
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup.
• Work with a friendly team of highly-motivated individuals.
• Be in an environment where you are listened to and can play a key role in impacting the finance industry in the UK.
• Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
• Competitive remuneration package.
• Company share options.
• Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Our office is in London, by the Oxo Tower
****All applications to include a copy/link to your portfolio****
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: jobs(at)moneyboxapp.com