Senior Product Designer
The Zebra is expanding our design team and we’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to help us craft a world-class insurance buying experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of user insights and has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals). We are looking for someone who will also inspire the organization by showing & prototyping what is possible before it is built.
What You'll Do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Work closely with our UX Research team to ensure that users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going, so we focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, business, and insurance experts to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy and together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Possesses a passion for building beautiful, world class mobile & web applications and a portfolio that showcases this (this is required)
- 7+ years of experience designing consumer-focused products for both mobile and desktop
- Has shipped many consumer products over the years, and understands what it takes to create beautiful, consumer-oriented experiences.
- Gets nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- Great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct by working with our researchers to understand our users.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision
- Experience with motion graphics and UI animation (Principle, After Effects)
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Excellent sense of color, product, and brand continuity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ask the right questions throughout the process
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with design sprints
- Experience designing for insurance or financial products
- Drawing skills and an ability to visualize a range of design solutions quickly
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**