RingGo - the #1 mobile parking payment provider in the world, is looking for a UX/UI designer that produces high quality user-centric designs for our mobile and desktop applications.
We are looking for a UX/UI designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centred design methodologies is a must.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and maintain wireframes, mockups, prototypes and page flows
- Create platform-agnostic designs for our mobile and desktop platforms
- Collaborating on user experience planning with technical and non-technical team members
- Define user flows and UI specifications
- Consulting with clients both internally and externally to identify their needs
- Researching interaction design trends
- Involvement in system testing and UAT
- Experience designing products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web
- Ability to design workflows and wireframes (Visio, Balsamiq etc.), along with mockups and prototypes of engaging user interfaces (Sketch, InVision)
- Ability to balance business needs against usability and design ideals
- Passion for identifying and solving real user problems
- An ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed interaction design
- Ability to rapidly prototype your work
- Browser testing knowledge (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE 9+)
- Experience using website and app analytic tools
- Experience of facilitating usability testing studies
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in e-Commerce and a strong understanding of user-centric design methodologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ experience of user experience design for software and web applications
- A team player with experience working across interaction, UX and visual design
- Worked closely with end-users internally or externally
- what it takes to work in a fast moving and demanding business environment;
- The opportunity to join a growing company that will offer development and training in both technical and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with technical skills and personal attributes;
- Eligible for the company’s annual bonus scheme;
- Eligible to join the Stakeholder Pension Scheme;
- Private Medical Health Insurance; and
- Travel Allowance (mileage paid when required).
RingGo is part of the PARK NOW Group: a fast growing, ambitious and international tech company that is leading and changing the parking industry within Europe. Not only that, our smartphone apps and in-car solutions are part of a global organisation that will shape the future of mobility for millions of users.
We are 100% owned by BMW and Daimler (Mercedes), who created a joint venture to lead innovations for mobility solution. Check out the NOW family at www.your-now.com. We are on a mission to free up congested streets, city by city, country by country, and quickly get people where they want to go. RingGo is the leading cashless parking service in the UK – it’s almost 20 years old and is based in Basingstoke, Hampshire.