Lead UI/UX Designer
Forio is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer to work full-time out of our San Francisco office designing our custom web-based simulation games. At Forio, you’ll work on training simulation games for Fortune 500 clients and universities. We’re a proven industry leader in the simulation market – our simulation “Everest” is the top-selling MBA simulation of all time.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for creating challenging, engaging, software-based learning experiences. You’ll work with our team of our developers, designers, and data scientists to create simulations and games for teaching and learning business concepts to MBA students and corporate learners. Previous topics have included innovation, leadership, teamwork, finance, and national health policy.
Forio is a successful, profitable, twenty person company based in San Francisco that builds educational games and simulations for universities and corporations. Leading universities and corporations around the world use our simulations to provide training in leadership, negotiation, operations, forecasting, and management.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is both technical and artistic. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to see your portfolio!
- Work with other designers and the development team to define and implement creative solutions.
- Contribute to the creation of design solutions.
- Create high fidelity mockups for client presentation.
- Collaborate with our designers to create designs & storyboards.
- Execute all design stages.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- High level internal and external client satisfaction.
- Help cultivate good internal processes within Forio and across teams. Including
- Establishing good habits when working across teams at Forio
- Identifying ways we can mature as designers and gain new skills (to bring to our sims) We are currently in the process building an internal design system for Forio, as well as streamlining the design kits for external clients using Sketch. We can use your help in developing our design system.
- Mastery of the principles of visual design, art, and typography
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a designer
- A strong online portfolio showcasing examples of projects on Desktop, Tablet, & Mobile
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message.
- Experience with handling multiple projects in an agency setting.
- Mastery of Sketch
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract, and Invision
- Experience with game design.
- Familiarity with WCAG standards
- HTML and CSS skills.