Head of Design
RELAYTO is looking for a UK-based design leader (remote or at London office) to work directly with our founders and lead a small design team – with the potential to progress into a executive-level Chief Design Officer.
We are open to work together either on a permanent or freelance basis.
1/ WHAT IS RELAYTO?
RELAYTO helps sales & marketers to turn documents into interactive presentations & web pages with instant branding, analytics & more. It’s a $30B opportunity to re-think B2B content for the modern age.
RELAYTO is a fast growing and award-winning (we are a Top100 European private company as awarded by Red Herring) tech startup that already worked with world-class enterprise clients such as Accenture, Salesforce, Mercedes Benz and PwC-Startupbootcamp.
We are proud graduates of TechStars and Accenture’ Fintech Innovation Lab, Salesforce Accelerate and currently participating in the Alchemist Accelerator in San Francisco (the role is still in London).
While we have Silicon Valley DNA, our center of operations is in London, and we have remotely distributed colleagues from South Africa to Ukraine.
Curious to find out more? Check out rla.to/pitch
2/ FOUNDERS & ADVISORS
- Cloud Pioneer: pre-IPO at SuccessFactors through to exit to SAP for $3.4B. Stanford MBA, ex-Salesforce and Microsoft (helped launch Office 95).
- Consulting: only MBA student awarded by Foundation for Excellence in Management Consulting & Association of Management Consulting Firms in recognition of client work at Mercer Management Consulting / Oliver Wyman
- Creative + Science: contributed to 50 creative/digital awards without “creative/design training” by developing Ideas Science ™ method that leverages behavioral and neuroscience research
- Founded & built from scratch Lectrio, the next-generation online learning environment.
- Scaled SaaS business to 20+ geographies: By the time he left in 2013, Lectrio was operating in 20+ countries
- Recognized as “Exceptional Talent” by Tech City UK and won a Russian Presidential Award for top computer science students.
We have built a network of world-class Silicon Valley advisors:
- Aaron Au – Co-Founder/CTO of SuccessFactors (now CTO of SAP and head of SAP collaboration business)
- Hiroki Asai, Apple GVP Marketing, who for 15 years lead all comms and 1000-person creative team working directly with Steve Jobs
- Steve King, ex CEO of Docusign and current Executive Chairman of Nuxeo
3/ DAY TO DAY ROLE
At RELAYTO, you would be a part of a small international team (London, Silicon Valley & Paris), operating primarily via Slack & Asana, and working directly with the Founders.
While every day in a startup is different, you can expect these responsibilities:
- Being the champion of our users and clients
- Creating high-end templates in PPT / Photoshop for upload onto the RELAYTO Platform
- Understanding client specifications and creating interactive experiences using the R/ Toolkit
- Designing infographics and marketing material to help explain the RELAYTO value proposition
- Leading and mentoring a team of junior designers
- Demonstrating the product and use cases/examples in a client environment
- Working with our Product Team to shape the future of the end-user experience
4/ WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
In general, the person most likely to succeed in this role will possess:
- A high level of visual aesthetics, including advanced typographical, design and layout skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates innovative designs
- An expert understanding of design theory and structure i.e. type, colour, formatting, semiotics, information design and digital design.
- Prior design agency experience or equivalent
- A strong commercial understanding that will enable you to “put yourself in the clients shoes”.
Key technical skills (you will be tested on these):
- Adobe Indesign
Nice to have skills for extra brownie points:
- Web Design/CSS
- Adobe After effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Permission to work either in the UK or proven ability to work remotely
- Upper-Intermediate English Level
5/ WHAT DO I GET?
We are a location-free startup, currently spanning London, Paris, Johannesburg & San Francisco. We encourage flexibility and opportunity for working virtually or in physical teams, depending on your preference.
The primary location for in-person meetings will be in London, Paris, or San Francisco.
Once you join, these come in a package:
- Competitive remuneration + equity
- Remote work via Slack, Asana & Hangouts
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO & be part of the founding team. If you are a Russian speaker – both CTO & CEO speak Russian natively :)
- Room to grow within a startup that has only scratched the surface of its vast potential
- Professional guidance from advisory board that include Hiroki Asai, Apple’s former GVP Marketing * Communications & all-things-creative.
- Being a part of the Accenture, PwC, Salesforce and Alchemist accelerator networks
- Ability to have a direct impact on client projects that matter (we are currently in discussion with a multinational life science company to help market its life saving drugs)
- Exciting product challenges, in both architecture, product management and user experience.
- A jerk-free culture defined by trust, respect, and empathy.
- Optional personal development in product marketing & general business skills