Lead Product Designer
OnSiteIQ is a fast-growing startup that applies computer vision, 3D modeling, and machine learning technologies to the construction industry. Our systems have collected and mapped millions of images of active construction sites, offering an unprecedented view of the construction process for progress documentation and risk assessment. Our platform utilizes computer vision algorithms to map 360-degree walkthrough imagery to building floor plans and, in the future, will automatically analyze the data for potential safety issues and hazards on the job site.
OnSiteIQ is looking for an experienced and versatile product designer to bring scalable, world-class design to these tough architectural and interaction design challenges. We’ve always prioritized design, with a part-time designer contributing and collaborating with us from day one, but we’re now ready to bring a full-time design leader into our organization.
This is a pivotal role that requires an all-in startup mentality, self-motivation, and a strong desire to succeed. Join a founding team with deep domain experience in 3D graphics, computer vision, machine learning, and the construction industry as we push boundaries in a space ripe for innovation.
Please include a link or PDF showcasing your work in a portfolio with your application.
What You'll Do:
- Lead UX and product design at OnSiteIQ.
- Facilitate collaboration and design thinking among the team to ensure what we build works well for all stakeholders.
- Excited about all aspects of UX and product design, ready to plan and run a research session one week and create pixel-perfect mockups and prototypes the next.
- First and foremost a collaborator. You know good design doesn’t happen in a vacuum, so you’ll work to bring people together to find the best, most efficient solutions to challenging design problems.
- An advocate for the end user. You’ll dive into the “why” and ensure your designs serve both user and business needs.
- A standout colleague with superb communication skills. You’re able to balance working individually with being part of a team.
- An expert at Sketch (or Figma) and other critical design software, from prototyping tools to developer handoff tools.
- A practical designer who knows when to rely on a design system or create a custom solution.
- An experienced designer who has designed both responsive web apps and native mobile apps.
Phenomenal Team Members Have:
- Designed products with interactions in the third dimension, whether that’s AR, VR, traditional 3D, or 360-degree imagery.
- We are a team of entrepreneurs determined to change the world of construction.
- Our vision is to have the largest data set of construction risk in the industry.
- Our mission is for our technology to touch every construction site in the world to help save lives.
- We have crafted the industries strongest team of advisors in construction, risk and real estate.
- We are venture-backed by a world-renowned leader in risk and insurtech.
Three people per day die on construction sites here in the United States. The vast majority of these fatalities can be avoided by implementing a better risk control process.