Junior UI/UX Designer
BabyCenter has an immediate opening for a Junior UI/UX Designer. As a Junior UI/UX Designer, you'll work in the consumer division of the creative department, which supports all BabyCenter content and mobile development and works with our product and development teams. This is a full-time contract position at BabyCenter headquarters in San Francisco.
BabyCenter is the #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, reaching more than 45 million parents a month in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine languages. In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support at every stage of their child's development.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies.
What you'll do:
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Work on various design projects from concept to completion for both UI and UX, including research, user flows, wireframes, mock ups, and prototypes
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams during the design process
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale with cross-functional teams
- Participate in user testing and improve designs based on user feedback
- Advocate and promote user-centered design
What you should have:
- At least 1 year of experience in a UI/UX design role for desktop, mobile, or app
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing visual design, UX, and design process from concept to completion
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with team with an open mindset and execute solution individually
- Creative mindset (must be able to approach projects from a fresh perspective and solve problems innovatively)
- Strong understanding of technical capabilities of the latest trends for web, email, and mobile technologies
- Adaptability and a receptive attitude to feedback
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a design-related field
- Experience in user testing
- Animated gif and video editing
- Experience designing assets for social media
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Junior UI/UX Designer " in the subject line or your email will be missed. In your cover letter, let us know why you think you’re a good fit for the position.