At EduMe, we’re rethinking corporate training and communication so that it reflects how we work, where we work and how we consume information. Our vision is to make learning easy and accessible for today’s workforce. Leading companies like Uber rely on EduMe’s mobile-first, micro learning platform to train their workforce.Our company is a hyper-growth business and joining us now is a great opportunity with plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact. We offer an international setting, fast-paced organisation, and exposure to one of the most exciting sectors and markets in digital development right now.
As a Product Designer at EduMe, your role will be to take complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our two sets of users, learners and learning content creators. The design team is small, we work and learn fast so you will have the chance to impact every element of the product. We get out hands dirty with every skill be it high level flows, rough sketches, working prototypes, polished designs to user testing and customer interviews. We use Sketch but otherwise anything that communicates an idea is the perfect tool. We have a top class dev team that you will work very closely with. Part of this role will be playing a part in developing our brand and supporting marketing with assets as we scale. The position reports to the Head of Product and design but you will be exposed to all levels and roles in the company. EduMe is based in Chiswick in West London.
- Produce sketches, flows, prototypes, mocks – anything that helps communicate and idea
- Produce pixel perfect designs to be delivered to devs for build
- Close collaboration with head of design, head of learning, marketing and devs.
- Comfortable with not having briefs but being exposed directly to user problems and coming up with ways to solve them
- Help build on our design pattern and component library
- Help develop the EduMe brand and provide support for editorial/marketing teams with design assets.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Great communication skills to clearly articulate rationale behind your concepts—and evangelise on their behalf
- A great portfolio that showcases deep interaction and/or visual design skills
- Highly proficient with the standard tools, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin Prototyping tools (Framer, Marvel, inVision) or other web design tools
- Experience (including supporting examples) with conveying concepts through wireframes, flows, prototypes, mockups, animations.
- Comfortable working fastWe approach everything mobile first so experience designing for adaptive web layouts, Android and iOS apps
- You’re comfortable adapting to changes. When faced with limits, you become more — not less — creative. You bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience designing for learning products
- A strong bias towards doing
- Experience working with or developing design pattern libraries
- Can grasp problems quickly and make the solution real
- Experience with front end development to get those pixels just right
- Motion design legend
- React/React Native knowledge
- Online portfolio is required for consideration.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM EDUME
- A positive environment
- Awesome colleagues
- New Laptop
- Dedicated learning time
- A modern office in leafy Chiswick with a great canteen at the Barley Mow Centre
- 25 days holiday
- Personal health budget
- Personal learning budget
- Friday drinks at our local pub The Lamb, opposite the office.
Online Portfolio required for consideration. Include any links to Dribble accounts, side projects etc. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.