From UX to UI, can you turn a user need into a beautiful user journey?
This isn’t your first Rodeo. You’re enthusiastic about user experience and have a way of making the complex look simple and intuitive. You’ve done it a few times already and are looking for your next opportunity. LendInvest has a small but growing design team, where your voice will be heard and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Once you arrive, your first few months with us will look like this:
Now: Meet the LendInvest team; understand our approach to design; get familiar with our design system; read our customer research; look at the data; speak with investors and borrowers; and understand the current backlog.
Next: From this, you will be able to research for the problems we are currently trying to solve. Working with Product and the wider team, you’ll prioritise what we want to focus on and from here craft sketches and lo-fi prototypes to validate our thinking. We like to follow the double diamond design approach.
Later: You’ll start to test your first concepts, moving from low to increasingly high-fidelity. By the end of your first three months, you should see your changes in production. This will mean you can measure the impact of your work and prioritise the next priorities to solve for our customers.
What’s the team like
- You’ll work closely with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering and be championing improvements to our visual design, on-boarding and conversion funnels.
- You’ll be joining two talented designers forming a small, but mighty team of passionate user-centred problem solvers.
We work to modern Agile principles, solving the most important problems for our customers. We want people to join our team who value collaboration and feedback, and use this to build great products. We deploy code multiple times every single day and everyone from Design, Product and Engineering are involved from problem solving to delivery.
What you’ll get in return
LendInvest benefits include:
- An open-plan working environment
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Various discounts/benefits via PerkBox (Including Gym, food and cinema)
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday’s from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job
Who are We
LendInvest is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, we have lent over £1.5 billion to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
We use technology to provide borrowers with short-term Bridging, Development and Buy-To-Let finance; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is majority owned by the founders and staff of the business and has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and invest in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.