Senior UX/UI Designer
Senior UI/UX Digital Designer required to our team of passionate and creative UI Designers, UX Designers, Content Producers, and Insight Analysts.
This role is ideal for ambitious designers who want to work at the forefront on digital product design, working with leaders in different industries as part of a collaborative, supportive and creative team.
Working with the biggest brands across multiple industries, we are drivers of change, responsible for tackling complex briefs and helping companies become more innovative and forward looking. This role will put you at the centre of addressing big questions that businesses are currently facing. We are, right now, shaping a multitude of industries through strategy, creativity and craft.
Being A UX/UI Designer at Salmon:
- You will design beautiful and modern user interfaces within the constraints of mobile, touch and responsive design for some of the world biggest brands
- You will help our clients understand how to utilise customer and user research to drive design decisions
- You will be at the forefront of driving design solutions that fit within the goals of our customers and exceed the expectations of their users by applying creative thinking and rationale to ensure designs meet the objectives of the brief.
- You will propose new design directions based on solid concepts.
- You will produce digital brand style guides that equip other designers with a framework to produce great and on brand experiences.
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around the desired interaction design direction
- As part of the role you will play an active role in client meetings taking full creative ownership in directing the client’s requirements and visions and turning them into reality
- You will be an integral part of the team that supports in the production of pitches, being this new design concepts, presentation or videos.
- You will ensure quality deliverables and handovers to interactive developers, 3rd party suppliers and clients.
What we’d like to see:
- Excellent design skills, proficient in the latest versions of Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with user experience research methodologies (interviews, prototyping, testing)
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other deliverables
- Able to present and communicate concepts and design decisions.
- Proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint for presentation formatting and styling.
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- Experience with eCommerce
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated.
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve.
- Ability to manage own projects and to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Experience in a digital or creative agency
- Degree educated in Graphic design or similar discipline
If you know some of this even better!
- Animation and video experience would be beneficial (Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro).
- knowledge of CSS and HTML and experience with Bootstrap is an advantage
- Any experience with testing methods including A/B tests, usability testing and interviewing is advantageous
- Any experience with Google Analytics is also a plus
Salmon is an award-winning global digital eCommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art eCommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best… Audi UK, Akzo Nobel, DFS, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Staples, Ted Baker, Xerox and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best eCommerce sites in the world.