Apply for this job
Federato is on a mission to defend the right to efficient, equitable insurance for all. We enable insurers to provide affordable coverage to people and organizations facing the issues of today - the climate crisis, cyber-attacks, social inflation, etc. Our vision is understood and well funded by those behind Salesforce, Veeva, Zoom, Box, etc.
Federato’s AI/ML-driven platform leverages deep reinforcement learning to help insurance companies optimize the portfolio of risks they insure, allowing them to continue to provide fair and equitable pricing in difficult-to-price areas. Our category-defining ‘RiskOps’ solution drives better underwriting decisions by operationalizing underutilized data investments and surfacing real-time risk and portfolio insights. We focus on putting insurance underwriters back in the driver’s seat, helping them meet their goals while providing an important service to society.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for an experienced Senior UX Research Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for leading the planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of mixed-methods UX research studies. These responsibilities also include conducting user testing and feedback interviews to deeply understand our customer’s needs, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the product team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
In this role, you’ll report to our Head of Product Design and work alongside our VP of Product, as well as our team of design, and development professionals. Our team is lean, resourceful, and scrappy - you'll be joining us as the sole researcher, allowing you a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact in a space that is so fundamental to people's lives.
How you'll make an impact:
- Take full ownership of all UX Research functions across core product areas.
- Partner with Design and Product to make user research an essential part of our practice and culture.
- Identify high-value user research areas; propose and plan research initiatives for generative and evaluative purposes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate UX research needs.
- Mentor and coach the broader team on UX research processes and best practices.
- Be the voice of the user alongside the Product Managers and Product Designers.
- Ensure that the products we deliver solve the customers’ problems, and meet customer needs, while meeting business goals.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Compile finished, well-documented research findings to deliver meaningful and actionable insights for internal consumption.
- Advising on the most appropriate UX research methods based on your experience.
- Manage, Execute, and analyze usability sessions, with support from other team members.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Create a UX research roadmap for continuous improvement across the product.
- Up-level our thinking and our understanding; generate key insights and bring more user input to guide R&D teams in product planning, design, and development
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that thrives on delivering value to our customers frequently.
- 3 years minimum proven work experience primarily as a UX Researcher or similar role
- Leadership in best practices in user research and a passion for learning, growing and trying new approaches
- Proven ability to strategize, lead and implement qualitative and quantitative research
- Strong background in end-to-end research from creating a research plan, to recruiting, moderating, analysis and report out
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Solid understanding of quantitative research, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts; comfortable deriving insights from data and observations
- Ability to perform all UX research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to build comprehensive presentation decks to playback research results
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience advising on the implementation of design solutions based on user feedback
- Experience working across a product team to improve the usability of products and other features
- A strong desire for user-centered problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
Nice to Haves
- Insurance industry subject matter expertise, knowledge or background, particularly knowledge of underwriting processes, workflows and terminology
- Ability to wireframe, design and develop low-fidelity static or functional prototypes to aid in user testing concepts
- Experience in conducting research to inform development of brand and product marketing strategies
We support our team with competitive benefits, including:
- Iconic Brands — Build your resume working directly with leading brands.
- Values-driven engagement – Federato is a values-driven organization and we are looking for like-minded individuals.
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Education — Learn and grow with leaders and peers ready to invest in your future.
- Sustainable Remote Work — Today, Federato is an entirely virtual workplace. We have teammates in every US time zone. Work flexibly, engage with colleagues and customers, and be part of a high-functioning team from home — or anywhere!
- Health and Life Insurance — We cover 100% of employee PPO medical, dental and life coverage and substantially subsidize family coverage.
- 401(k) Plan — We offer retirement planning benefits, including a tax-deferred savings plan.
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave — We provide unlimited PTO and best-in-class parental leave benefits.
$125,000 - $175,000 a year
Here at Federato, your capabilities are important, but culture fit is quintessential. We move fast, are eager to listen to our users, take a first principles approach to solving problems, and value learning and the ability to change our minds. Most importantly, we're here to have fun, so sticks-in-the-mud need not apply.