UX Research Assistant
Rational Consulting is growing, and we need amazing talent to join our team. If you have an entrepreneurial attitude with a deep spirit of service and killer subject expertise, we want to talk to you. We are always looking for the next great consultant to raise the bar and push Rational Consulting to be better than we were yesterday. Staying hungry, curious, and looking forward to what’s next is part of our DNA.
We are currently looking for a UX Research Assistant to join our tech client’s team in Redmond, WA. This contract is slated to go 18 months and includes benefits and PTO.
Across the industry, developers are increasingly shifting focus to mobile-first and cloud-first development. Our Developer Group is responsible for delivering the tools and services to make all developers successful and productive in mobile and cloud development. The Developer Group UX Team is responsible for bringing world-class UX research. These tools and services are used by millions of developers worldwide every day to create applications and services. Mobile-first, cloud-first development is changing the way that developers think about the applications they deliver. Our client is undergoing a complete transformation as we move to a world of devices and services. Extending the incredible productivity of our product to multi-device development provides a great opportunity for developers to build rich applications targeting multiple mobile platforms.
We are looking for UX Research Assistants with the ability to conduct a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods impacting both product direction and experience design. You will work with a supervising UX Researcher and UX Research Manager. You will be joining a team of ~50 talented UX researchers and designers whose charter is to design end-to-end experiences for all developers that are useful, usable, and desirable. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with engineering and business teams across the division to help make data driven decisions. Your work will happen in the context of a lean or agile development environment supporting the release cadence of teams as well as helping define the strategic direction of products. You will have access to a brand new, state of the art, modern research lab facility equipped for a variety of research types located in a central hub area on campus.
What you will do:
- Design and conduct a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release, including lab based usability tests, focus groups, interviews, surveys, and field research
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways
- Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights
- Communicate and evangelize research results to engineering and business teams
What you will bring:
- A degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience in UX research
- Thorough knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to work independently and be flexible to rapidly changing schedules and demands
- The ability to get up to speed with a new area quickly
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and familiarity with modern developer platforms and ecosystems a plus
- Research will include mostly Lab studies, but they also do interview, surveys and occasionally focus groups
- General assembly is okay but preference is to have their masters
- Relocation candidates okay
- Looking for more junior consultants that are starting off their careers— they will be paired with senior researcher for mentor-ship and guidance
- About to release a new set of products this month and next – and then FY20 will be preparing for more products in the new year
- NO portfolio needed for consideration
Who You Are:
- Well-rounded Professional.?You have amazing communication and organizational skills along with high EQ.??
- Self-sufficient.?You get stuff done, you?are able to?work with little direct supervision but know when to ask for help.??
- Collaborative to the Core.?Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a leader and member.??
- Adaptable. Change happens at lightning speed (especially at Rational), you are flexible, enjoy challenge, and get behind new ideas?
Rational Consulting is a results-oriented consultancy designing premium customer experiences. Each of our business practices are deeply rooted in delivering client success. We see ourselves as partners to our clients, and we invest in each of their business goals, ensuring that our work helps deliver on these goals. Client success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture.
Incredible people are our non-negotiable. Our experienced team of consultants spans the globe. We love what we do, and who we do it with – let’s begin our next chapter together.?