Senior Product Experience Designer
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Every month, 70 million people around the world spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover the written stories they can’t find anywhere else.
Wattpad Premium is a subscription-based, ad-free version of Wattpad that allows our users to become even more immersed in the unique stories on our platform. We are looking for a Senior Product Experience Designer who cares deeply about understanding users to inform how we can create a compelling and elevated experience for Wattpad Premium that more users would happily subscribe to. If you enjoy the challenge of discovering nuanced value propositions and in delivering product experiences at scale, then this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Marketers to discover unmet user needs, design seamless interactions, and deliver extensible experiences that make our users love Wattpad even more
- Discover and define the underlying user needs and values that will make Wattpad Premium irresistible
- Design the UX and UI flows across platforms that will captivate more users into the Wattpad Premium experience
- Deliver scalable design experiences by leveraging and contributing to a componentized design system
- Develop your design leadership skills by contributing to Wattpad’s existing design practices in mentoring other designers, facilitating design workshops, and leading design events both within Wattpad and with the design community at large
What we’re looking for:
- 3-8 years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Have contributed as a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers in a cross-functional squad environment
- Have shipped product, measured results, gained learnings, and iterated towards successful product and business outcomes
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, Android, iOS)
- Experience conducting user research would be a strong asset - if you don’t already have experience with research, be ready to learn
How to apply:
- A link to your online portfolio, or PDF if necessary, is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
- If parts of your portfolio involved group work, please explain your specific role in the project
- Briefly explain why you are a particularly excellent candidate for this role at Wattpad and what parts of your portfolio are especially relevant
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Generous parental leave top-up
- Transit pass, choice of hardware, flexible hours
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Culture and Diversity Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. Our team is as diverse and eclectic as the global Wattpad community. In case it’s not clear: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.