Squad is hiring
Squad is a new way to communicate with your friends––sharing screens and chatting live on video together. It’s the next best thing to hanging out IRL. Our novel approach makes screen time more connective and collaborative for Gen Z.
Our mission is to reduce loneliness by bringing people together to engage in meaningful and fun experiences.
We are a distributed team with a hub in San Francisco. The company has raised more than $5 million in funding from leading investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, BBG Ventures and Gary Vaynerchuk. Visit us at squadapp.io to try out the app on iOS or Android.
We’re looking for our first Product Designer. You’ll have tremendous impact on product strategy, and you’ll take ownership of all aspects of the design process—including wireframing, prototyping, UX, and visual design. You’ll touch every piece of the product to make Squad delightful, engaging and performative.
You’ll collaborate closely with our founders and will report to the CEO.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who will relish the challenge of defining the foundation of our product, and the culture of our company.
We’re a creative, diverse and fast-moving team that’s passionate about building the future of social communication. If you are driven by ownership and impact, we’d love to hear from you!
?WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Own the end-to-end design process – from research to UX iteration to visual execution
• Create and maintain a design system
• Design and prototype multiple ideas rapidly to gain feedback from users and validate hypotheses
• Iterate and align our brand to always feel fresh
• Architect the style and structure of our design language system
?WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• A highly motivated product designer who thinks big and starts small
• Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Mobile Web)
• A deep understanding of iOS and Android interaction patterns
• A keen eye for beautiful, usable interfaces
• A strong command of contemporary design tools, particularly Sketch (or Figma) and InVision
• Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
• A self-starter with a love of learning and a commitment to personal and professional growth
• Bonus: knowledge and capability around motion design
• Bonus: experience working on a distributed team
?PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
• Employee equity plan
• Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
• Work from anywhere
• We care more about your ability to learn and execute than what degree you hold or what college you attended
• We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
• We are biased toward action and ship product very fast and very often
• We are among the < 3% of venture-backed startups with a female CEO and strongly believe that the next great social products will be built by diverse teams
? We strongly encourage women, men, parents, non-parents, and people of all ethnicities and sexual orientations to apply.
Apply on our site: