Lead Product (UX/UI) Designer
PolicyStat's mission is to improve healthcare delivery through better processes. We help our clients make their policies and procedures easier to find, access, and manage. Hundreds of hospitals use our SaaS application to ensure that this critical information is correct, their staff can find it, and that it supports regulatory compliance.
Policy management. Exciting, right?
Here's the thing: without policies, hospitals cannot ensure that patients are given the correct type of care, no matter the circumstance. Without policies, laboratories cannot ensure that their results are as accurate as possible. Without policies, companies cannot ensure that their employees are informed, treat others well, and are treated well themselves. At PolicyStat, we are working to make the management and sharing of policies as reliable, accountable, and (dare we say it?) as enjoyable as possible.
A few things we are proud of:
- We are the only truly web-based policy management platform
- We have a +99% customer-retention rate
- We have the highest market share in the healthcare industry
In the past two years we've:
- Initiated a frontend redesign of PolicyStat with the goal of providing a modern, multi-device experience
- Initiated the creation of a design system
- Addressed a long list of small scale user-focused improvements using Lean UX techniques
- Committed to working towards meeting WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility requirements
- Integrated user research and user testing into every major project and UX/UI QA into every code push
...and we are just getting started.
Our product team is internationally distributed. Some choose to work in our Carmel, Indiana office, others in our Toronto, Canada office. Our parent company, iContracts, has offices in Bridgewater and Moorestown, New Jersey. Other team members choose to work from their homes or home offices or from wherever they happen to be at the moment, whether that be in the United States or internationally.
We are looking for strong experience in:
- Leading design projects from start to finish
- User experience design and strategy
- Interaction and interface design
- Inclusive and accessible design
- Visual design
- User research
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and link(s) to your case studies.
PolicyStat is a committed equal opportunity employer.
- Must be available during Eastern Time 10AM until 4PM (at minimum)
Compensation and Benefits
- Market-based salary starting at $100k USD
- Health (including telemedicine) with HSA, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance (for W2 employees)
- 10 paid holidays (for W2 employees)
- PTO: 15 days each year to start; 20 days starting the calendar year of third anniversary (for W2 employees)
- Flexible hours
- Annual conference travel budget
- Named one of Inc.com's best workplaces of 2017
- Founded in 2006, acquired by [iContracts] in 2017
- Technology stack: Python 2.7, Django, AWS (RDS, EC2, S3), Ubuntu Linux, MySQL, GraphQL, React (work in progress)
- Toolkit: Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Storybook, Adobe CC, Git, Vagrant, Trello, GitHub
- Application review
- Phone or video conversation (15 minutes)
- Complete a work sample design project (1-3 hours)
- Give a 15 minute presentation of your project, followed by 15-30 minutes of feedback and questions
- Culture conversations with team members (on-site, if possible, otherwise remote video conference)
- Reference checks (previous 5 bosses)
We can hire individuals for full time employment who reside in Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Idaho, Michigan, Florida, or some parts of Canada. If you reside in some other location, we can only pay you through a company. If you have not already created a company (one that is responsible for taxes and can legally receive payments), you will either need to create one, or alternatively we can hire you through a service such as Upwork.