Motel is hiring
Motel’s Design Team:
- Leads clients through every phase of the design process, from initial research and visual identity, all the way through product design.
- Uses their familiarity with web and engineering limitations to design proactively, and routinely contributes in engineering-focused meetings.
- Has the vocabulary and articulation to explain concepts to folks with and without backgrounds in design.
- Pays special attention to creating designs that are accessible and usable by everyone.
- Can both create within clients’ existing brand guidelines, and/or create a comprehensive new style guide and visual identity guidelines.
- Creates robust styles guides, including well-organized, build-ready assets.
- Communicates skillfully with teammates and clients, who have a wide variety of design knowledge.
- Uses rapid prototyping and animation to express design concepts.
- Spends most of their day completing projects in Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, and InVision.
- Is passionate about personal growth as well as helping improve the quality of work across the team.
- Cultivates an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration.
If you check most or all of these boxes we would love to consider you for this position. Most qualified applicants will have 2 to 4 years of professional digital design experience and have worked successfully on a remote team before. Please introduce yourself to us at email@example.com and Megan will follow up with you as soon as possible. In your email, please include:
- Your resumé
- Current employer
- Links to your online presence (portfolio, a live product that you’ve had a hand in, a working prototype you contributed to, a side project you’re passionate about, etc.)
- One or two paragraphs about how your experiences align with the expectations of our current team, with special attention given to your HTML / CSS experience and rapid prototyping experience
- If available, we’d love to review a working example of a style guide that you created in Sketch