UX Research Lead
As User Experience (UX) Research Lead, you will work collaboratively with Product Managers, Engineers, and stakeholders across ANet’s National and Regional teams to craft an exceptional end user experience that maximizes the impact of our technology in service to educators and students. This is both a strategic and tactical role with the opportunity to partner with leaders across ANet to identify research needs and influence product and design decisions. This role reports to the Vice President of Product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish ANet’s product research and UX practice in pursuit of maximizing the impact, effectiveness, and ease of use of our educator and student-facing tools
- Guide product research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage generative research, through iterative UI testing and post-launch measurement
- Deliver actionable and relevant product research insights (via user interviews, usability studies, focus groups, surveys, etc.) aligned to both strategic and tactical product and designs decisions
- Manage the information architecture, user interface, and interaction flow of our educator and student-facing products
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes and mockups to facilitate product discovery research and development
- In partnership with Product Managers, develop user personae, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes in support of our product roadmap
- Build strong empathy and advocate passionately for our end users, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
- You’ve got about 5 years of hands-on experience and a track record of success with user experience design, information architecture, and product research for digital products
- You know how to champion a UX research function and act as a customer advocate; you’ve translated research into actionable insights and recommendations that have had a significant impact on the customer experience
- You have exceptional project management skills and are able to effectively manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines while working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing functions
- You know how to weave key insights into a compelling narrative; your presentation and persuasion skills have led to success in building buy-in from leaders - whether in a formal presentation or via ad-hoc discussions - for bold ideas
- You have expertise creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Keynote, etc), interaction and visual design documents, user stories, conceptual models, annotated wireframes, storyboards, creative briefs—and more
- You can demonstrate fluency in best practices for web-based and mobile information architecture and responsive design, as well as deep and broad knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- You’re always willing to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have a strong portfolio of UX/UI design work demonstrating your experience working on digital projects from concept to launch
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring prior experience in K-12 education or Ed Tech
- You have studied UX research, digital design, graphic design, and/or human-computer interaction
- You have working knowledge of human-centered design principles (e.g. Design Thinking) and agile/lean software development
- You have a proven ability in a variety of design tools such as InDesign, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and prototyping tools (Invision, Axure, Framer, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.