Blink is looking for a Senior UX Designer to add to our San Francisco team. In addition to being a top-notch UX designer, Senior UX Designers are responsible for regularly presenting work to clients, so the ability to communicate confidently and clearly are essential. Senior UX Designers must be able to speak fluently about both business objectives and design principles, and to handle feedback and questions with poise.
This individual’s first assignment will be leading a long-term engagement with a premier Salesforce partner, working on complex design projects across industries such as insurance, energy, and healthcare. Projects span both enterprise and consumer products, with a strong emphasis on finding simplicity in the complex. Previous work includes a mobile app for telecom customers, a web console for customer service reps, and a desktop app for Salesforce developers.
We are looking for an individual with previous consulting experience; however, experience working on the full product lifecycle from kickoff to shipping is highly desired.
This role reports to the Design Director.
Please include your portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of the user-centered design process, design thinking, as well as your final design solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Understand our clients' customers and users, and serve as their advocate when making design proposals.
- Generate design concepts, participate in design discussions and critiques, and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders.
- Create wireframe and high-fidelity prototypes for usability testing and review.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other UX Designers, research, visual design, front-end engineering, project managers, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Lead client meetings and presentations, confidently articulate Blink’s design thinking, and respond appropriately to feedback.
- Mentor junior designers so they may expand their skills.
- Help plan and participate in user research and testing, and incorporate learnings back into designs.
- Help manage client relationships, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Contribute to a positive, pleasant, and creative culture by maintaining openness to new or different ideas, seeking input from other team members, and helping ensure it is always fun to do business with Blink.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience as an Interaction or UX designer.
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools and ability to learn new ones as projects require.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods and the latest design trends. Passion for user-centered design, and all things digital (web, mobile, desktop, social). Strong knowledge of the latest design and technology trends.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills. Ability to express themselves clearly and confidently.
- Comfort working independently and with ambiguity.
- Curiosity and drive to explore multiple design solutions, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, and improve upon selected designs.
- Ability to produce high-fidelity mockups following existing design systems.
- An analytical mindset able to quickly understand complex data systems and unfamiliar industries.
- Ability to occasionally travel to client locations out-of-state.
- Ability to take criticism and quickly apply feedback to designs.
- Preference for working on-site in an open studio environment.
- A sense of humor.
Bonus points if you have:
- Visual and motion design experience.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Experience leading a 3–5-person team of UX, Visual Designers, researchers, and developers.
- Experience working with large consumer brands.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to perform some research tasks including writing session guides, stakeholder and user interviews, usability moderation.
- Technical experience (e.g. coding).
- Project management training.
- A great Spotify playlist.