Senior Product Designer
At HeyDoctor, our mission is to increase healthcare efficiency, affordability and accessibility. We’re reinventing how healthcare is accessed and provided with custom end-to-end solutions for patients and providers to connect online in real-time. Thousands of patients a month are using HeyDoctor’s mobile and web apps to get care from our expert doctors and medical team.
We’re reimagining how Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software should be built by taking inspiration from products we love like Slack, Intercom, and Asana and applying those learnings to healthcare. Using our technology doctors on our platform can treat patients over 10X faster than in brick and mortar offices or on video telemedicine, at high quality, and our patients love it.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in San Francisco to assist with designing our patient and clinical applications.
Today's medical applications have been created without design as a fundamental consideration. At HeyDoctor, our design team is looking to break the status quo of mediocre UX and visual appeal in the healthcare space. We learn from leading software companies, apply a medical mindset that works with both patient and clinical requirements, and craft the best healthcare experience on the internet. We currently have a web and native app for patients and a custom telehealth Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for our doctors. Our design system is laying the groundwork for a consistent and transparent experience across all platforms and modalities. We operate in an engaging and collaborative environment — not only with PMs and engineers but also with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to HeyDoctor patients. We're looking for driven, detail-oriented individuals to come and help us design the future of healthcare.
What You'll Do
Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockup designs, interaction specs, and prototypes as needed
Partner with product managers and others to help define product requirements and formulate strategic product direction
Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of audience
Maintain brand identity on all of our platforms
Share work, early and often, giving and receiving feedback
Utilize your full range of product design skills, incl. UX, information architecture, and visual design
- 4+ years of designing digital products and experiences people love
- Thorough understanding of usability and accessibility
- Deep understanding of current design and collaboration tools
- Adept at designing cohesive, cross-platform experiences (web, iOS, Android)
- Online portfolio showcasing projects that demonstrate your problem solving process as well as pixel-perfect design solutions
- User-centered design thinking
- Have experience implementing and evolving design systems
- A team player: sharing your designs regularly, accepting and providing feedback, collaborating, and working interactively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Sketch and/or Figma
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of front-end programming languages (HTML, CSS, React, etc.)
- Prior experience working with medical data, or internal applications
- Created, used, or managed design systems
HeyDoctor is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.