TV Time is hiring
We Take TV Seriously
TV Time is the world’s largest TV tracking app. Our 12 million global users have tracked nearly 13 billion episodes of television … and counting. Each day, nearly a million people use TV Time to keep track of the shows they’re watching, discover what to watch next, and interact with other fans. Cool, right? Yeah, but that’s just the beginning.
TV Love = TVLytics
Fueled by these billions of data points from our global community, we’ve created TVLytics to help media and entertainment companies answer one big question: How are shows valued in this new cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted era of viewership? Understanding how many people watched an episode is just one piece of the puzzle. TVLytics tells the whole story by answering the why behind the watch.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built an app that millions of users around the world love. We’ve developed a B2B platform that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the industry. We have a management team that’s run multiple billion dollar companies. And we’re still only 40 people. Want to be the next on board?
- Work closely with product, UX design, and engineering to ideate, prioritize, and execute on research studies that help us better understand both TV/movie fans and entertainment industry clients
- Analyze user behavior through usability studies (remote and in-person), user interviews, surveys, ethnography, and other methods as needed
- Own research projects end to end, including preparing screeners and scripts, moderating and executing studies, analyzing and synthesizing findings, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Help shape the research and design process at TV Time across our entire suite of products
- 5+ years running user research projects on mobile and web products (bonus points for experience working on both B2B and consumer-focused products)
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, or other related field (or equivalent experience)
- Deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies, including prior experience with user research software (remote user testing, card sorting, heat mapping, etc.) and survey tools
- Experience working in a user-centered design process and a strong understanding of UX principles
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and diligently follow through on projects
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and responding to peer feedback
- A demonstrated passion for TV and movies!