mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the SNAP or food stamp program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 425,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $91 Million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the California Department of Social Services, Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our team and help transform access to social services. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in designing an affirming process for families to receive and maintain their food stamps.
- Experience designing technology for low-income populations and new Internet users
- 2 years of experience in user experience design
- Experience with brand identity and management
- Experience with user testing, user profiling and A/B testing
- Experience with graphic design for website, social media, pitch decks, ads and newsletters
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- This position requires you to work from the office full time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow working remotely.
For full-time employees, we pay medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and
professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in working at mRelief to email@example.com.