Location is FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX (remote work not available).
FlightAware is hiring a UI/UX designer to create the next generation of aviation web applications in Houston, TX. FlightAware is a digital aviation company, providing the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry. Over 15 million people a month rely on our website and apps to make intelligent decisions about travel.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
- Is able to meet business objectives with polished designs on time and on-brand.
- Seeks out new tools and techniques to facilitate work.
- Is resourceful, forward-thinking, well organized, receptive to feedback, and has a can-do attitude.
In this position, you'll:
- Design high quality web and app experiences based on specified features and functions
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Collaborate with other designers, internal stakeholders, and developers to meet business objectives
- Stay up to date with best practices in development and trends in web and app design
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in an iterative and agile environment
- An exceptional portfolio of work demonstrating user-centric design solutions for both mobile and web applications
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design
- Proficiency using design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Webflow, etc
- An understanding of HTML & CSS is a plus
- The ability to articulate your process, explorations and conclusions is required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Professionally, you're driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed. You're naturally curious, exploring new technologies and design methodologies, but always ensuring that execution is priority.
- Salary varies based on experience and background
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses
- Matching 401(k)
- Company-paid employee medical, dental and basic life/AD&D insurance
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.