Lead User Experience Designer
Enodo (acquired by Walker and Dunlop) was built to disrupt the commercial real estate industry. The software allows investors, brokers, and lenders to analyze rent, operating expenses and returns for multifamily properties by applying machine learning to a database of live multifamily transaction data from every U.S. market.
We have a creative and entrepreneurial culture – everyone on the team interacts directly with customers each day, and we all contribute to the product and planning. If you have an idea to improve something, there is no red tape… just build what needs to be built! Innovation and passion for disrupting the old-fashioned real estate industry are our highest priorities.
• 5+ years of experience in UX design
• Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications, including wireframes, screenshots (or links to resulting work), and background info on each project
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or relevant work experience
• Experience in user-centered design with hands-on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation
• Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, design specifications, final assets as well as personas and use case development
• Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of organizations
• Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
• Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and design solutions for them
• Understanding of information architecture, design patterns and interaction design
• Work with a cross-functional team, partnering with users, developers and data scientists to deliver business value
• Ability to promote and manage appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors
• Familiarity with design and prototyping software such as: Figma, Sketch, and Adobe
• Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Master of Fine Arts, or related advanced degrees are a plus
About the Job
As a Lead User Experience (UX) Designer, you’ll help define and drive the future of Enodo’s automated underwriting platform. You will help identify challenges and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire your teammates to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You must possess a clear vision of the future of user experience in the commercial real estate industry and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to create innovative experiences across Enodo’s underwriting and analysis products. You must be a great systems-level design thinker and visionary who will provide clear, research-driven direction for a talented team of developers. You’ll need to have a sense for clean design and be committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
• Develop a deep understanding of user needs and existing product specifications
• Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
• Create detailed, responsive wireframes and prototypes to optimize user workflows
• Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
• Deliver a holistic UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that implement the larger vision over time
• Build relationships with stakeholders and the product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive and efficient
• Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and stakeholders
• Create personas through user research and data
• Work with the product team to establish metrics and systems to continually evaluate the success of our user interface
• Work with UI designers and developers to implement attractive designs
• Continually monitor competing products and industry trends and communicate these developments with the product team and stakeholders