Cyber Security Startup, Enterprise Tech – SaaS Platform Permanent, Remote
Role/Title: UI/UX Designer
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Compensation: Competitive Salary (TBC) + Share Options Package
Location: UK/EU (Remote)
Start Date: Immediate
OutThink is the future of cognitive cybersecurity learning and human risk intelligence. We're a London based, venture-backed start-up, ready to build a brand-new innovative cloud solution.
We’re a team of cybersecurity experts, psychologists, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough technology and machine learning to identify, understand, measure and manage human risk in enterprise environments.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but also our incredible product leadership team. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA from where we build our base to expand across the globe. Our Engineering and Product Development teams are remote-first, mainly based in the UK and Romania.
Having found early traction for our category-defining human risk intelligence SaaS platform (MVP), we are now looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer to help build an innovative, new SaaS solution to be used by large multi-national corporations across the globe, with a potential user population growing well into the millions. We are seeking a talented and highly experienced UI/UX Designer to help ensure this becomes a reality.
This is a greenfield opportunity targeting some of the most advanced cloud-based technologies and frameworks currently available.
We’ll be using the latest versions of popular web development frameworks to build our client-facing web applications, including functional React.
To support our web applications, we’ll be building API’s, microservices and implementing sophisticated backend algorithms. We’ll also be making extensive use of the fastest and most scalable database solutions and object stores in the cloud. Future phases of the project will also incorporate Data Lake, Machine Learning and AI technologies in support of the human risk profiling elements of the offering.
The entire solution will be hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
We are an ultra-modern company and are seeking to put in place a remote-first, highly agile approach to development. We will be using some of the latest online interactive collaboration and video conferencing tools in place of traditional face-to-face meetings. We will, therefore, be able to bring together experienced development resources from across Europe.
Working in this manner allows us to be flexible, move very fast and operate with low overheads, but to be a real success we need to introduce some fundamental processes and key working procedures upfront.
You will be an integral part of a newly formed Development Team. You will ideally have come from a design background and have gained valuable UX knowledge in previous roles. You will need to be a master at eliciting requirements from all stakeholders, internal and external, and able to design beautiful, elegant and perfectly realisable user interfaces.
You should possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level business requirements into effective design artefacts such as taskflows and wireframes, and further ensure that they can be transformed into intuitive and functional user interfaces.
You will need to communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders and be able to realise complex data visualizations.
We will let you work from wherever you want within Europe and provide you with both a high specification laptop and all the remote tools you need to do your job. In exchange, you must be willing and able to travel occasionally for meetups to our hub in Romania.
What You’ll Need
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design.
- An eye for clean and artful design.
- 3+ years of solid commercial experience with UI design and prototyping tools, such as Figma, Invision, Sketch or Balsamiq.
- Expert-level knowledge of web mark-up, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience building data-centric web visualizations with an understanding of the limitations of web architecture design decisions.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- Experience with Source Control, in particular with GitHub.
In Return, You’ll Receive
- A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary (TBC)
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays