Senior UI / UX Designer
Do you want to be an integral part of scaling a business with a high calibre team? Do you enjoy the thrill of working for an early stage fast-growing start-up, with a product that users love? Then GigZoo wants to hear from you!
GigZoo has redefined the way entertainment is booked using leading-edge technology combined with an innovative business model.
With integrated on-demand insurance, secure payments and AI powered digital ID verification, we are the only online platform allowing the best entertainers to be booked instantly, safely and securely. Our custom-built platform allows booking in seconds and makes finding the best talent a pleasure.
Following our rapid fundraising, we are hiring a Senior UI / UX Designer with significant experience to help shape the future of our user experience. In this key role, you will be working closely with strategic partners in technology and growth teams to bring to life our key initiatives. This is a permanent contract on a full-time basis and you will be based in Central London.
You’ll work closely with our growth & tech team to help us create the best experiences for our customers. The growth team are using data and live customer feedback to undercover improvements to the product and it will be your responsibility to solve these problems and enhance the usability and experience of the platform.
You are passionate about developing design strategies, based off of insights of real people, you have the mastery of craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products and inspires the organisation by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
Being a great communicator and collaborator within a team are crucial to the role. You’ll need an obsessive eye in quality and design to create things you are truly proud of. A crucial part of the role is to work closely with the development team to ensure the UI / UX is being implemented. You will be assisted by the Product
What you will do:
• Work across multiple teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
• Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Develop wireframe and UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate features and functionality
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Work to continuously improve the product design based on user feedback
• Adhere to brand style standards on fonts, colours and images
Who you are:
• You have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or online marketplace companies
• You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
• You have a people-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user testing and feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an
• You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
• You can work across teams and have great stakeholder management skills
• You have Up-to-date knowledge of wireframe, prototyping and design software like Figma, Sketch & Invision/Marvel
• Good time-management skills
What GigZoo offers:
• You will join an exciting, passionate and friendly team that work hard and have fun.
• You will get responsibility, autonomy and a voice at the table from day one.
• Be instrumental in the growth of a disruptive start-up backed by private capital from the some of the worlds most sophisticated investors.
• Generous compensation package comprised of base salary, performance related bonus and significant equity ownership package.
• 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
• Learning, development, and networking opportunities.
• Defined contribution pension.
**NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES**