Senior UX Designer
Who is Promethean?
Promethean is a leading global education technologies company who is re-inventing the way learning is being delivered. Our mission? To create immersive learning solutions that enable teachers to engage and energize students across the world! Based out of Seattle Washington, with regional centers of gravity in Atlanta (GA), Blackburn (UK), Shenzhen (China) and offices in 10 countries, our aim, is to foster a global community of practice where tools, resources, “how-to” knowledge, experience, and the wisdom to use them intelligently are all available to use and share.
While Promethean is an established – well capitalized – and recognized EdTech brand, it’s a place where innovation, growth, making a difference and fun are put at a premium with an intrapreneurial energy and spirit.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the team. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial drive and a passion to make real difference in the lives of millions of students. Candidates should be obsessed about the ease of the end-user experience, ensuring applicability for teachers and students in the classroom environment and the ease of device management within the school IT environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a background in user-centered design, experience working with complex systems, and a portfolio demonstrating carefully crafted designs.
This is leading edge design for large format interactive displays up to 86 inches.
Who you are…
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Develop a keen understanding of the market, users, competitors and business drivers
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions within a UCD framework
- Work closely with the Head of UX Design to ensure that Promethean’s overall design vision is integrated and supported in the product design
- Create sketches, diagrams, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Actively collaborate with product managers to understand business and product goals and set strategy
- Collaborate with developers to understand technical possibilities and discuss solutions
- Work with peer UX Designers and UI Designers to execute solutions that are cohesive to the whole and on standards
- Participate in and lead lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Shape user experiences between Promethean applications and third party applications
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- 5+ years designing complex digital products.
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. low-fidelity sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
- Examples of beginning and ending interactions (micro interactions) and/or mobile/responsive design considerations
- Understanding of Design principles and their application
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction or Human Centered Design or equivelant experience / certifications
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Experience designing for mobile or tablet (interactive smart TVs a plus)
- Work samples showing a strong understanding of information architecture principles
- Willingness to learn from team members
- Comfort working with analytics, quantitative data, and qualitative research to influence design decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively: ask good questions, receive feedback gracefully, listen closely and negotiate design decisions comfortably
- Experience designing within an Agile framework
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws.