User Experience Designer
We created Waggel because we believe technology can make pet ownership easier and more joyful for dog and cat owners.
Our industry leading and fully-digital pet insurance product was launched in December 2018 and has been featured on TechCrunch amongst others. We've since experienced rapid month-on-month growth taking us to our first thousand customers within our first year of trading, resulting in plenty of 5* reviews!
Over the next year we'll be focusing on our members app, the purpose of which is to enrich the lives of our predominantly London-based millennial members and their pets through an aspirational and personalised app that encourages and rewards healthy behaviours akin to Vitality.
To do this we need to continue to grow and as a result we're looking for a User Experience Designer to join our award-winning product team based just down the road from Shoreditch.
You'll be championing customer-centred design, integrating and facilitating continuous user testing into the business and using our analytics stack to derive insight and generate briefs so a balanced skill-set spanning wireframing, design and user testing methodologies is preferred.
- Enthusiastic and proactive - Bring ideas to the table, over step your boundaries and challenge those around you.
- Confident communicator - Experience adapting communication to suit a variety of stakeholders including engineering, creative and marketing teams.
- Comfortable with MVP and iterative development - Pragmatism is king when you're punching above your weight in a big industry so you should be comfortable with an MVP philsophy.
- Design driven - You have an eye for design and compromise makes you sick.
- Process driven - Experienced, comfortable and opinionated on modern working methodologies.
- Customer centric - You will put the customer experience first at all times.
- Dog friendly - You love and are not allergic to dogs (we have several in the office).
- Information architecture and wireframing.
- Briefing in work to the wider product team in sprint planning sessions.
- Plan and undertake both quant and qual user testing in a structured and valid way.
- Derive insight from our analytics stack to better inform our understanding of our product and our members.
- Translate insights into briefs for features and optimisations.
- Running workshops with the product team and/or executive stakeholders.
- Practical experience with generating user stories, requirements and prioritisation methodologies.
- Engage with stakeholders to secure support for initiatives.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Chief Product Officer in order to facilitate strong knowledge transference back and forth.
- 2-5 years experience in a B2C UX role.
- Familiar with modern delivery methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
- Experience meeting your own deadlines.
- Familiar with requirements gathering and documentation techniques.
- Experience working in the same room as designers and engineers.
- Competent understanding of user experience practices and methodologies.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of how to conduct and draw insight from user-testing and multi-variant testing.
- Comfortable with iterative, data informed decision making.
- Team mentality - we work together, take risks together, celebrate together and stay humble together.
- A degree (Psychology or Design preferred, but not essential) and/or experience in a design driven culture.
Your Portfolio Should
- Clearly demonstrate a passion for UCD techniques.
- Evidence your ability to design across platforms platforms.
- Show your ability to contribute at every stage of a project, from ideation to execution and analysis.
- Experience working on a subscription or membership service.
- Experience working in pet.
- Experience with gamification.
- Comfortable with Sketch and Zeplin.
- Well versed in behavioural psychology, nudge theory etc.