Join the Team!
We think big, work fast, break things, learn lessons, and then implement meaningful improvements to our business and products. NoiseAware is looking for talented and hardworking people to join our growing team and help us build innovative home monitoring solutions for the property management industry.
As a UI/UX Designer at NoiseAware, you will have input on team direction and make impactful contributions to product design and business growth. This role will be focused on collecting and analyzing market feedback to drive continuous improvements to our product, conducting generative usability research, and designing beautiful interfaces to delight our users and lead our engineering efforts. We look for well-rounded candidates who have valuable skills applicable to our current needs, but who also have a passion to learn more about IoT and become experts in every aspect of our products and services.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Design, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years experience working in a product design position
- 1+ years conducting usability research and testing
- Strong portfolio with samples of visual design work
- Proficiency in Sketch, Abstract, and Invision softwares
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex user needs and develop effective solutions
- Team mentality and basic understanding of Agile methodology
- Based in Dallas area or willing to relocate – must commute to our office in Uptown
- Become an expert in the NoiseAware product, including: hardware design and performance, software logic and features, user personas and common user feedback/requests, candidate features, etc.
- Understand user needs, design beautiful solutions, validate effectiveness with internal and external stakeholders, and deliver clear and concise plans to engineers
- Conduct usability research and present design insights to the team and company executives
- Determine the best approach to a problem based on an assessment of costs, risks, complexity, and benefits
- Work collaboratively and iteratively with the engineering team
- Participate in daily standups and all-hands planning meetings
- Identify opportunities to improve product performance, usability, and user experience
- Take ownership of projects and drive a design to the optimal solution and delivery
- Experience in frontend software development (html, css, js, react)
- Experience in data analytics and MySQL databases
- Experience working with IoT and connected devices
- Experience working with large teams of developers
- Casual dress-code
- Flexible vacation policy
NoiseAware is a well-capitalized, high-growth IoT startup in Dallas that provides the world’s first privacy-safe noise monitoring service for Airbnb and vacation rental managers. We are a hardworking, talented, and fun group of highly driven individuals solving the largest livability issue in many cities across the world. We have customers in more than 40 states and 10 countries and we are expanding quickly.