Lead UX Designer
Don’t just dream about What’s Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
- Design end to end user experiences through research, wireframe mock-ups, personas development, wireframe mock-ups, interactions flows and prototypes, and specification documents.
- Plan and execute research studies on product owner and end users to capture requirements and validate designs. This will include usability planning and execution to improve.
- Create wires, site maps, user flows, plus managing other UX designers to ensure that all work going out for your clients is consistently great.
- Prepare and run collaborative workshops like Design Studios and brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability, and website functionality
- Participate in the recruitment process to help build the UX team
- Help develop ongoing training programs to develop the skills of the whole team
- Mentor junior UX team members; challenging and motivating them
- 7+ years of experience in UX strategy and/or user interface design. Prior design agency experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables.
- Solid experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations
- Good story telling and communication skill
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
- Familiar with web responsive design, iOS and Android design guidelines
- Contribute to all aspects of design including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagraming, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
- Partner closely with developers,QA and product managers to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
- Previous experience with creating complex, user-centric websites required; experience in or knowledge of website development or coding, preferred
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design
- Prior experience leading and mentoring UX Designers/Information Architects
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- This position will report to the Creative Director.
Benefits & Perks:
Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
Lunch & Learn
Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
World class training and career mentorship