Govini is a data and analytics firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its analytic platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the U.S. national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking an experienced, research-oriented UX Designer to join our Product Team. You will be expected to contribute in all facets of the design process, but particularly focus on research and product testing initiatives for Govini software solutions to ensure that our offerings are both usable and beautiful for our Government clients.
You must be comfortable participating in all aspects of the product design process and possess a desire to conduct in-depth research on user behavior and motivations in order to surface insights that can ultimately be built into our product offerings. You will serve as the utmost client advocate when communicating across functional teams; ensuring that our product strategy aligns with how our clients will interact with our products. You should also be comfortable operating both independently and collaboratively in a startup environment in the pursuit of creating compelling experiences for our clients.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Arlington, VA office, and will involve frequent travel to Pittsburgh, PA to gain and share critical knowledge with our technology team.
In order to do this job well, you must be a highly organized problem-solver and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. You are just as comfortable communicating in a technical environment with engineers as you are researching on-site with Government officials. You are independent, driven and motivated to jump in and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You lead by influence and motivation. You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Work independently and collaboratively with product managers, designers, clients, and business team stakeholders to identify and execute design research for a variety of projects in a fast-paced startup environment
- Design and execute product research and testing across the entire product development process
- Translate raw research and testing findings into actionable insights
- Create and iterate on wireframes, information architectures, site maps, and other interaction design artifacts in collaboration with both engineering and business stakeholders
- Advocate research findings & proposed product designs across the business through reports and presentations
- Up to 40% travel expected between Govini office locations to collaborate with various teams on projects
- US Citizenship is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI/Computer Science, Information Systems, Psychology, Human Factors, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in UX field
- Demonstrable experience conducting interviews, contextual inquiry visits, and usability testing (either live or remote)
- Strong understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply during product development
- Experience translating product requirements into low- and high-fidelity design artifacts and functional specifications
- Desire to be challenged and learn, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience integrating user research into product designs
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Willingness to dive into data to understand the possibilities and limitations within a problem space
- Experience with React, Material UI, and/or data analytic platforms are a big plus
- Familiarity with national security strategy and policy, particularly federal budgeting and procurement processes as well as the government contracting landscape
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you believe you meet the qualifications above, and you’re prepared to perform complex, mentally rigorous work, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law