Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is looking for a user-centric, data-driven, collaborative User Experience Researcher to join our growing Product and Design team. This is an opportunity for you to own user research at Credible and have a significant impact on the users we serve and on how we use research to shape the direction of the product.
The role is full-time and compensation will be based on experience.
- Manage large research initiatives from beginning to end, including: identifying research topics, structuring research plans, recruiting research participants, conducting research sessions, and synthesizing and presenting study results
- Understand the needs, motivations and behaviors of our users, using a variety of methods, including surveys, interviews, usability studies, concept testing, and ethnographic observation (both remote and in-person)
- Review and analyze research data, identifying near-term and long-term opportunities for us to improve our product and to innovate in the financial services domain
- Apply flexible research approaches to meet different project needs and timelines
- Build empathy for our users across the company, by sharing research insights and user experience KPIs, evangelizing user research, telling powerful stories, and hosting workshops
Education and experience
- 3+ years of working experience as a UX researcher, in close partnership with product and design teams
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Marketing or related fields
- Familiarity with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques such as: surveying, usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, usability benchmarking, customer sentiment/loyalty/satisfaction, Google HEART metrics, journey mapping, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Hands on experience with standard survey, usability benchmarking, and/or data analysis tools (e.g., Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Userzoom, SPSS)
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different user-centered research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- A proven track record of working well with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Demonstrated experience translating user research findings into actionable product recommendations
Nice to have
- Experience with financial products or services
- Experience with analytics tools - Looker, Google Analytics, etc.
- Rapid prototyping skills - Invision, Marvel, Principle, Framer, etc.
Why you want to work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.