United nations - SCBD
Under the overall supervision of the Information Officer, Access Benefits Sharing (ABS) Unit, Office of the Deputy Executive Secretary, the consultant’s work and deliverables will primarily consist of reviewing and identifying pain points for users, designing UX/UI improvements and supporting their implementation, the development of UI guidelines, as well as, help and documentation for the CBD’s clearing-houses (the Biosafety Clearing-House of the Cartagena Protocol, https://bch.cbd.int, the Access and Benefit-sharing Clearing-House, https://absch.cbd.int, the Clearing-house for the Convention, https://chm.cbd.int/,).
The consultant will perform the following specific tasks and activities:
• Conduct a review of the user interface and design of the clearing-house websites. Inspect the interface for usability issues and areas for improvement based on known UI/UX principles, best practices and heuristics that make it easy to use.
• Conduct user testing - Watch users as they attempt real tasks by paying attention to what user do and areas for improvement.
• Develop a UI Guidelines - Compile findings by developing standardized, actionable, and detailed solutions and packaging them as a guidebook for developers of common clearing-house UI/UX standards.
• Work closely with developers/programmers by providing mockups, guidance and testing in order to improve and adapt the UX/UI to ensure the improvements and solutions identified are implemented in a systematic manner.
• Identify help, documentation and user training needs and re-purposing and/or developing training and technical support material/documentation and updating delivery methods (FAQs, chatbot, step-by-step guides, website tours, e-learning), as appropriate.