UI/UX Design Engineer
As the UI/UX Design Engineer, you will will create and assist in the implementation of unique application user interfaces for desktop, handheld and browser-based applications, supporting immersive audio processing and spatialization software offerings across multiple platforms. This position is both creative as well as technical.
Please provide a design portfolio, or equivalent visualization of prior work.
***Must be eligible to work in the USA without work visa sponsorship.***
- Create, test and present platform-appropriate application UIs for evaluation by product and engineering stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of mobile, on-device and cloud-based unit and integration test frameworks, to ensure consistent behavior across all supported platforms.
- Partner with platform and audio DSP engineers to refine existing product offerings, to develop new cutting-edge implementations in support of vendor, customer, and end-user requirements.
- Review existing development workflows to better iterate and improve time-to-release, as well as to ensure compliance with platform-centric best practices, while encouraging framework reuse, support for device-independent resolutions, and detailed user acceptance and testing.
- Advocate, prove out, and deliver new implementations for user experience, including UI framework testing, user studies and localization / internationalization.
- Refine existing and develop new internal testing and instrumentation application user interfaces, for external (partner) use when applicable.
- BA/BS degree or certification in User Experience, Interaction or Visual Design disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX Designer, delivering public-facing applications or products.
- Require experience with UI/UX prototyping applications (Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq), and issue tracking applications (Atlassian JIRA).
- Technical familiarity with integrated development and source-control environments (Visual Studio Code, Android Studio, Xcode, GitHub / Atlassian Bitbucket) is a plus.
- Written and spoken proficiency in US English required; additional language proficiencies, including Mandarin, Cantonese or other CJVK languages are a plus.
- UI/UX development experience across desktop, mobile handheld and web targets.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment (CICD) across multiple platforms, both for local testing as well as cloud-based build environments, is a plus.
- Experience with application test and submission requirements specific to the individual Windows, Android and iOS / macOS app stores, with a comprehensive understanding of common requirements and their effect upon development and deployment timelines.
- Familiarity with platform-centric media playback implementations is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including graphical presentation and user acceptance documentation, in service of product development and customer support requirements.
Founded by filmmaker George Lucas, THX is at the intersection of media and entertainment, collaborating with filmmakers, video game developers, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers, movie studios and theatres to develop THX Certified products and next-gen entertainment technologies that deliver immersive entertainment experiences. Products featuring THX are of the highest quality in their class, whether in the cinema, in the home, or on the go.