This is a full-time role that is remote-friendly within Australia. You will be the design lead for all UI/UX and work closely with Execs and the Head of Engineering.
CurbCycle is helping clean up Australia in a fun and rewarding way. Join our mission to innovate kerbside recycling across Australia and the world!
If you are a brilliant UI/UX designer with a growth mindset who wants to make a big difference in the world, then this role is for you! Your skills in mobile and web application design will help to save our planet by diverting significant volumes of recyclable materials currently heading to landfill.
From kerbside collection to new products being “re-manufactured”, Curby connects households, councils, recycling facilities and retailers so that everyone can see how and where your recycling is processed and made into new products.
Our oversubscribed Curby trial launched in the Central Coast last year with Nestle and IQ Renew as partners. (https://www.nestle.com.au/en/media/news/nestle-iq-renew-soft-plastic-recycling-trial-commence)
We are now diversifying the Curby platform into other targeted recyclables across Australia. Our goal, by the end of this year, is to be active within 200,000+ households, and then onto the rest of Australia.
You will be:
- Owning the design of our CurbCycle mobile apps, taking them from MVP to fully-fledged products
- Creating designs and user journeys to allow users to recycle hundreds of different materials
- Extending our rewards program, including the integration of 3rd party platforms
- Improving the gamification of our mobile apps to increase desirability of the program amongst young families
- Working on our Dashboards, allowing for community engagement and 3rd party stakeholder participation.
Our designs are built in Figma, and regularly tested with users. Our apps are developed in React and React Native.
- You have a genuine passion for sustainability and the environment
- You have lived and breathed UI/UX design for the last 2-3+ year, and have a portfolio that shows this
- You’ve shipped products before, and know how to quickly and consistently iterate on shipped designs based on user feedback
- You work exceptionally well with developers and project managers, and understand how to effectively communicate your designs
- You’re familiar with databases and development, and maybe even dabble in coding your designs
- You’re a self-starter. You constantly consider how to most effectively contribute to the team, rather than waiting around for instructions.
- You’re test your designs with users and get feedback regularly
- You may have some experience in game development
- Nice to have: You’re based in Sydney. Remote applicants within Australia will be considered but we’re all in or near Sydney, so that’s ideal.
- Annual Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Ability to work at a founder-led company with direct access to senior management
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Leadership mentoring
If you’re excited about the opportunity to help solve one of the most pressing problems our planet faces, and be part of a dynamic team developing the app that will be used by nearly all Australians within the next 2-3 years, then get in touch with your resume and portfolio.