Senior UI/UX Designer
Landing a construction project on schedule and on budget is a herculean task– different teams, different designs, every single time. With hundreds of thousands of variables changing everyday, optimizing construction outcomes has gone past the point of human cognition.
Doxel is here to change that.
Doxel is a Real Time Construction Optimization Platform. By contextualizing vast amounts of disparate project data across site, BIM (Building Information Modeling), schedule, and budget, Doxel empowers teams with an objective view of their project today and an accurate prediction of where it will be tomorrow. Leveraging machine generated and prioritized risk analysis, teams are guided to the right problems in order to stay ahead of cost overruns, schedule delays, and quality issues.
With a growing team of technologists, creatives, and industry veterans, we're focused on helping customers realize the best outcomes on their construction projects.
Doxel has taken the market by storm since it’s launch last year - closing deals with marquee customers such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art.
Doxel’s team consists of some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley that include PhDs, engineers, business leaders and civil engineering professionals on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, graduates from Stanford University and with experience at organizations such as Google Advanced Technologies & Projects.
Doxel is backed by Andreessen Horowitz - famed investor that also backed Facebook, Coinbase, Slack, Airbnb, Github and Lyft.
In this role you’ll be the first hire onto our budding UI/UX team. Here, you’ll work directly with all stakeholders, from engineers, to product managers, to customers to ensure we build a best in class UI/UX experience for our users. In particular, you’ll create elegant and functional UI designs and provide an engaging and seamless user experience that will span multiple platforms, but is focused on retooling our web platform at first.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a background in modernizing UX/UI experiences into a modern format in a way that is seamless and intuitive for our customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, UI/UX department, and engineering to define, design and implement functional and innovative solutions
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes, as well as write clear documentation, to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present visual designs to peers and stakeholders while clearly communicating design rationale
- Work closely with UI engineers to deliver the best possible user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Conceptualize and articulate ideas designed to solve complex design problems, minimize user pain points, and elevate UX/UI in our products beyond industry standards
- Work within an established style while striving to raise the quality bar within the set style
- Review and process consumer and stakeholders feedback in order to refine the UX to best-in-class standards
- Study competitive products and understand what works and what doesn’t in their UI and UX implementations
- 3-5 years of work experience as a UX/UI Designer
- You have previous experience working in Sketch, Adobe CC and various related design software to conceptualize, create, and articulate designs.
- Your work has been shipped and made live to consumers. You can collaborate with peers and stakeholders alike.
- You have solved complex design problems and stay current with emerging UX/UI trends and technologies.
- Proficiency with design software like Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, InVision
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and mobile prototypes as well as clear documentation
- A well-developed sense of composition and color
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
- Strong presentation and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to give and receive feedback gracefully
- Ability to work remotely and excel in a startup environment – strong initiative with the ability to take on new responsibilities quickly and independently
- A creative problem-solver and team player with a drive to deliver high quality work
- Must demonstrate UX/UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience creating animated mockups of UI flows and transition-prototypes
- Knowledge of and an interest in usability and freemium best-practices
- Experience working on mobile applications
- Experience with Contextual Inquiry, Human Computer Interaction, Heuristic Evaluations, Interviews, Personas, Cognitive Walkthroughs, Affinity Diagramming
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.