UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses manage and repair their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with thousands of customers around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 100 team members. UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management solution by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We foster an inclusive culture and strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.
What you'll do:
- Work with Product and Engineering to define product strategy
- Design cohesive experiences that solve user problems
- Solicit design feedback from peers, stakeholders, and users, and then iterate based on learnings
- Identify product opportunities that maximize value for our customers and business
- Collaborate with other designers to scale and maintain a design system
- Build a holistic understanding of the business, industry, and competitors
- Conduct user interviews, observations, and usability tests
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery/design workshops
- Work with Customer Success to establish a customer feedback → product backlog pipeline
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of product/UX/UI design experience across web and mobile
- Ability to communicate design ideas via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Experience using Figma to create prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Experience marrying UX/interaction design with pixel-perfect visual design
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present to large groups
- Ability to own long-term design projects, while also implementing iterative checkpoints to consistently deliver value
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- Technical enough to discuss implementation details with engineers
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed cloud-based software could significantly improve the workflow and productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned how to code, and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014 while living in his parents garage.
Today, our SaaS solution is modernizing the way thousands of businesses around the world maintain their facilities and equipment. Customers love our mobile-first application because it gives them the ability to manage projects, teams, and work orders on-the-go. We also provide advanced reporting tools and IoT devices which enable them to make data-driven decisions that save their businesses time and money.
We're focused on being the most innovative and easy-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have thousands of happy customers in industries like manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, agriculture, education, fitness, energy, public works, and property/building management. World-renowned VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since graduating from Y Combinator in 2017.
Company culture, employee appreciation, career growth, and DEI are very important to us— which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" several years in a row.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B Announcement:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.