Senior UX/UI Designer
LOLA is seeking a results-driven freelance Senior Digital UX/UI Designer. The UX Designer must have hands-on experience in visual design and information architecture with a passion for usability and interaction design. We’re looking for someone who can design across devices/platforms and rise to the challenge of designing clean, intuitive interfaces for complex tasks – an innovator who can help deliver transformative solutions. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a core understanding of e-commerce, web design fundamentals and the key drivers to online conversion, bonus points if they have experience designing account or membership portals.
The Senior UX Designer will be a freelance role that can commit to 20-30 hours per week and report into the Director of Digital Product. They will play a key role in the enhancement and unification of current LOLA Digital products, and be a key driver in development of new digital products.
What you'll do
- Produce wireframes and visual designs with clear information architecture and hierarchy, user interaction models and user flows
- Create visual and interaction style guides, templates, and other frameworks
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate UX/UI design
- Produce design specifications that can be delivered to development team for execution
- Create concept models, user flows and sitemaps
- Conceptualize usable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX
Who you are
- Minimum 4+ years of UX/Visual design for consumer facing products (web, mobile, responsive design, and native mobile)
- Experience in UX/Visual design for eCommerce or membership websites is strongly preferred
- Expertise in designing clean, intuitive and innovative user interfaces
- Knowledge of current UX best practices and design processes
- Deep analytical, information architecture, and usability testing skills
- Experience driving user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive design decisions
- Expertise in the tools of the trade: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and ability to translate designs to developers
- Able to commit to 20-30 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months (opportunity to extend)
Please submit a link to your portfolio with your application, let your work speak for itself!
Why you'll love LOLA
LOLA is the first lifelong brand for a woman’s body. Founded and led by women, we’re dedicated to providing an ever-expanding portfolio of trusted products and candid information, so you can make deliberate decisions about your reproductive health.
We offer period and sexual wellness products made with premium ingredients like 100% organic cotton. Subscribe to get LOLA delivered on your schedule or choose products à la carte. We make it easy to customize your assortment of tampons and pads, too, because you know your body best.
In 2015, we launched LOLA Gives Back, as part of our ongoing commitment to raise awareness about menstrual inequality. With help from our nonprofit distribution partners, we’ve since donated over 1 million period products to low-income, underserved women across the U.S.
At LOLA, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, Veterans status, or disabilities.