UX/UI Interaction Designer
We are seeking a hands-on intermediate to senior-level UX/UI Designer as the first member of the internal UX Design team. This role has the potential to transform into a Director-level position responsible for growing and managing the team.
Pontoro is using blockchain to make large infrastructure project finance assets available to more investors across the globe. We are an early-stage fintech startup looking for people who want to help us democratize infrastructure investing.
Our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston. This is a full-time employee position with the opportunity for geographically distributed remote work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Get to know and advocate for Pontoro's users in all aspects of the work
- Work with senior management to understand the business goals/objectives and define a vision for the product UX that can scale with the future of the platform
- Design usable and elegant user interfaces that meet the different types of users' needs
- Produce high-quality UX design documentation and specifications through definition of user personas, journey maps, storyboards, diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Conduct competitive research to identify UX best practices in our domain
- Evaluate product usability by conducting iterative user research
- Work with product management and engineering to prioritize and implement the designs
- Hire and manage external design and user research resources when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree in a design discipline such as visual or UX design
- A minimum of 7 years of UX/UI design experience for digital products or services
- Mastery of visual design for web and mobile products with proficiency in interaction design.
- Fluency with design and prototyping software tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. E.g. Can discuss and explain design details and decisions
- Experience working with software engineers to support product development through production of specification documents and graphic assets
- Experience managing external design and user research resources
- Self-directed, identifies and prioritizes work to be done
- Detail-oriented, problem-solver, critical thinker, and team player
- Passion for working with blockchain technologies and interest in learning about institutional finance
- Prior early-stage startup experience
- Previous experience in the crypto or fintech industry is a bonus
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Option for fully remote