Director of UI and UX
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As a key leader on the Product team at App Annie, I lead our vision and execution of Product Design. My team of UX Researchers and Product Designers are responsible for the customer experience on the world’s leading mobile market SaaS data analytics platform. I directly drive the future of compelling product experience and influence the product roadmap through close collaboration with senior product, engineering, program, sales and marketing leadership on a regular basis.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Lead the Product Design function
- Proactively think of ways to grow and engage our user base through great Design.
- Partner with Product Management and conduct user research to deeply understand our customer's goals and needs.
- Ground your decisions on research-based insights instead of gut feeling.
- Independently contribute to multiple and diverse design projects with complex scope. Every design element has a reason.
- Have a strategic and smart approach - with fast iterations, you’re able to find the best solution.
- Lead the UX Research function
- Develop and execute a research process for the company, exploring the needs, behaviors, emotions and motivations of our users through methods like usability testing, ethnography, logs analysis, surveys, interviews, and field visits.
- Influence and inspire change at all stages of the product development process by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on research findings.
Management and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work closely with product management to influence the product roadmap based on best-in-class UI and UX considerations
- Work with a global, distributed team, managing multiple applications and supporting multiple languages
- Drive customer marketing initiatives and programs and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, program management, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
- Continuously identify effective practices that optimize the Design team’s output.
- Coach the designers and researchers on the team, helping them grow and expand as individuals, and as effective team contributors.
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Passionate about the latest design trends, and have a solid understanding of UX best practices.
- Experience in user-testing, design validation, A/B testing, and other qualitative and quantitative research & testing techniques.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Deep experience conducting customer or prospect interviews, contextual field visits, and usability studies (live or remote, i.e. usertesting.com).
- Broad understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts.
- Good business sense; you understand how UX impacts business KPI’s.
- Comfortable in wearing business, technical and design hats.
- You manage stakeholders with ease and you are not afraid to take a stand and defend your designs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and extremely comfortable presenting to C-level executives.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the work you do. You just make it happen. Boom!
- You have interest or experience in designing for accessibility and inclusivity.
- Knowledge of the mobile space, in particular ad tech and analytics, is a very strong plus.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial with ability to learn quickly and thrive under pressure in a fast paced and shifting environment.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) from a top tier university.
- At least 5 years experience leading/managing product designers and researchers.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional design and/or design research experiences
This is what we have to offer…
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a $1,000 reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school-zoom, you need to leave early to get to your band rehearsal or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid time off so you can recharge.
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to our online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!