Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
CircleUp is a data insights company that uses a unique combination of data aggregation and machine learning technology to discover and accelerate the growth of the world’s best businesses. We power every stage of private investing from sourcing and diligence to value creation. We are dedicated to bringing the data-driven investment decisions that have transformed public market investing to the private market, starting with consumer and retail. Ultimately, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the funding and support that they need to thrive.
Powered by Helio, CircleUp has deployed $1B+ capital to date, provides Helio as an application to external customers who want to invest in private companies, and has supported over 275 successful brands including LiquidIV, Halo Top, and Super Coffee. Helio is our comprehensive data and insights offering for consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry players, tracking 2M+ brands over time amounting to 700TB of data.
Decision-making in the private markets has historically been opaque, reliant on personal networks, and heuristics-driven. Using Helio means we remove human heuristics and biases from the investment process. We aren’t reliant on personal networks to find great companies and are able to identify entrepreneurs and businesses who have traditionally been overlooked. CircleUp launched in 2012, and is backed by top investors including Canaan Partners, GV, Maveron, QED Investors, Rose Park Advisors, Temasek and Union Square Ventures. CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes.
A UX Designer, or User Experience Designer, is responsible for monitoring the user experience and ensuring CircleUp software programs and products are easy to use. Their duties will include gathering and reviewing user feedback to determine potential defects or areas for clarity, working closely with other squad members to refine user experience and performing usability tests on software products to ensure functionality.
Roles and Responsibilities; An innovative and hardworking UX Designer should be able to fulfill various duties and responsibilities. The following are important duties and responsibilities that a UX Designer should be able to execute:
- Identify target user groups and carry out interviews or other types of inquiry to help understand user needs (UX Research)
- Ensure the creation and implementation of customized experiences for our internal partners and external users
- Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards and site maps
- Provide guidance on the implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to assess user behavior
- Maintain a competitive edge against competitor products and industry trends
- Perform tests on user interface elements such as CTAs, layouts, target links, landing pages and banners
- Understand product specifications and user psychology and predict what might work for both
- Understanding of data models and UI data visualization concepts
- Knowledge and implementation of Design Systems
- Research feedback synthetization
- Ability to understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate ideas to developers
- Knowledge of industry tools like Adobe, Sketch, Axure
- Problem-solving skills to determine solutions to user interface challenges
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and mastery of information design
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.