Senior UX Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
We’re building a team of designers to help brands deliver products that customers love.
We are looking for a visionary Senior Product Designer to join our product design team in pioneering the new frontier in post-purchase love and mindful consumerism. Candidates should have expert knowledge of design fundamentals as related to user experience. You must be exceptional in the application of User Centered Design methodologies – typography, layout, visual design, design systems, and possess strong interaction design skills. You should also be able to manage complex projects, as you help our product team refine and evolve them into elegant solutions.
As a Product Designer at Loop, you are an evangelist for our brand, product, and philosophy. Through your passion and professionalism, you will drive strategies based on real people’s insights, use your craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products, and inspire the organization by prototyping what’s possible. We champion collaboration with various business groups to create intuitive UX within a cohesive product.
Who You Are:
You advocate for users.
You yearn to understand our users’ needs and advocate for them with your teams and your work—an unrelenting focus on customers, even more than immediate business needs at times.
You love to solve problems.
You don’t just create solutions because you were told so. You ask curious questions first and work to identify core problems and behaviors to solve real problems.
You bias toward action.
You believe actions speak louder than words. You can make quick decisions and evaluations to determine the best path forward while applying what you learn along the way.
You think big and iterate small.
You connect data points across a spectrum of consumer, merchant, and internal inputs to inform small iterations towards a unified future vision
What You'll Do:
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to create design strategies that drive the biggest impact in the shortest amount of time
- Be an excellent collaborator and leader on the design team to establish intuitive UX and UI design patterns through mentorship and thought leadership
- Focus on the practice of design thinking and current UX research methodologies
- Augment and enhance the Loop design system and UI patterns
- Communicate and present your design ideas in order to keep leaders, product, and engineering informed
- Collaborate with other designers to promote a high level of craftsmanship, while fostering a culture of learning and development
- Distill complex problems into simple interaction models, workflows, UI designs, and interactive details that resonate with Loop brands and their customers
- Operate with a high level of autonomy in the discovery, definition, design and delivery of your projects
- 5-7+ years of UX design experience
- Comfortable communicating with customers directly to distill actionable insights
- Demonstrable evidence of how you have solved complex problems utilizing key UX methodologies – gathering research, outlining information architecture, creating journey maps, interaction design
- Meticulous in the creation of your visual designs, with a high level of polish to your work
- Expert in designing and prototyping in Figma
- Excellent communication skills
- Ownership over your creative concepts and ability to advocate for our customers in the pursuit of the optimal experience
- Has leveraged a deep understanding of the business and products you've worked on to drive strategic design decisions, regardless of medium
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.