Product UX Designer
Mystery is on a mission to make people as happy as they can possibly be at work. To help us get there, we’re adding even more of the brightest minds to our team; could that be you?
Every year, companies spend billions trying to boost morale and improve retention—and with an increasingly remote workforce, that’s only getting harder. Combining highly curated, incredibly memorable team experiences with a world-class employee engagement platform, Mystery solves this problem for hundreds of the world’s top companies (Amazon, Apple, Stripe, Google, KPMG, and Uber to name a few).
We’ve just raised an $18.5M Series A from Greylock with participation from Zoom Ventures, Moving Capital, Endeavor, Gaingels, and others. This funding means we can continue to grow our team as we scale our product, all while still offering competitive pay and remote perks (more on that below).
Culture is at the heart of what we do—come join a dynamic and innovative team that’s bringing wonder to work!
About the role
Product designers at Mystery craft product experiences for our customers, partners, and internal teams. They own projects end to end, from discovery through launch and iteration. They work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and business leaders. Our domain is the best of both worlds: all of the surprise and delight of consumer experiences, with all of the interesting systems and scale of enterprise technology behind the scenes.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to understand customers, design elegant product solutions, and see them through to fruition.
- Significant industry experience designing digital products and services.
- Product-oriented mindset. You focus on problems and create generalizable solutions that can scale and adapt.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team with high autonomy.
- Curiosity for understanding, and practicing, human connection.
We’ll be particularly excited if you have
- Experience with both enterprise (b2b) and consumer (b2c) products, with an understanding of the different design patterns appropriate for different types of users
- Firsthand experience leading original design research, such as ethnographic interviews, usability studies, or quantitative surveys
- Slick prototyping or UI animation skills
- Worked in an operationally-intensive domain, such as event planning, logistics, HR,
- Worked in a field other than design
Compensation and perks
??Because taking care of our employees doesn’t stop at having fun together.
Work from anywhere
The new definition of a “modern workspace” is whatever you make of it. Comfort of home? Great. A different beach each week? Do it. (As long as there’s wifi…) Our WFH stipend will help you outfit your office wherever it is.
Seriously. Everyone at Mystery is passionate about solving the problems of remote work; as long as you make your contribution to that effort, take time whenever you need to.
General, vision, dental, mental. You should bring your best self to work, and sometimes that means a visit with a professional. We have you covered.
Pay, 401K, and equity
Happiness doesn’t pay the bills or help you retire, so we offer competitive compensation to take care of those parts of your life.
We raise the standard with 12-weeks of paid parental leave for both birth and non-birth parents.
Connecting as a team—as a whole team—is important to us. Twice a year we put extra effort into getting everyone “together” for fun and professional development.
Learning and development
When you grow, we grow. Mystery offers an annual stipend to keep your skills sharp and help you reach your goals.
Mystery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Mystery requires background checks for all positions; criminal records do not automatically disqualify a candidate for the role.