Senior Designer - UX/UI
The Labs product vertical was set up to facilitate the rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the team is frugality and agility – using whatever is available to chip away at outcomes at breakneck speed.
You’ll work across multiple initiatives across Labs, with a strong focus on our revolutionary Postman Flows initiative; our game changing low code, visual workflow tool that helps anyone build composable applications for the API-First world.
Our goal is to create groundbreaking experiences that bring APIs closer to everyone. We strive to empower our users by providing them with intuitive solutions, for complex problems, that inspire and delight. We bring our diverse backgrounds and skills to solve unusual problems, and look boldly into the unknown to help inform the future of our products.
As we embark on our next phase of growth we’re seeking an exceptional Designer to join our visionary team.
If you are a creative powerhouse, unafraid to challenge the status quo, and are comfortable with ambiguity, and fuzzy, exploratory briefs and eager to work on cutting-edge initiatives that make a difference, we want to hear from you.
Join our passionate team and let's shape the future together!
What You'll Do.
You’ll be responsible for conceiving, designing and implementing innovative human user-centered solutions that will set new benchmarks in our industry. We seek someone who shares our passion for pushing the limits.
- Drive the entire design process, from conceptualization to final execution, while maintaining a strong focus on user experience and usability.
- Conduct user research, gather insights, and incorporate user feedback into the design iterations to continuously improve the product.
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively communicate design concepts and interactions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, tools, and techniques, and actively share knowledge and best practices with the team.
- A stellar portfolio showcasing your expertise in designing innovative and user-centric solutions.
- Well-rounded UX & UI expertise and highly experienced in running projects independently end to end; we imagine 5+ years of working experience. You have the ability to think critically and solve complex design challenges with creativity and innovation.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and interaction design. You create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces..
- We’d love you to have had previous experience of working on a visual workflow/low code/no code product.
- You’ve strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who can collaborate well with different stakeholders. You observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach an optimal decision. An exceptional communicator who has the ability to articulate and present design concepts.
- You enjoy untangling vague conceptual problems and have a sharp intuition for the most accessible mental models and flows, so users can immediately start gaining value out of the product.
- You’ve a passion for technology and a deep curiosity to explore new possibilities at the intersection of design and technology. A continuous learning mindset with the ability to adapt to evolving trends and technologies in the design industry.
- You're familiar with the work of computing heroes like Douglas Engelbart, Bret Victor, etc. — and understand why we're big fans.
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: email@example.com. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?