Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
- JOB TYPE: Employee Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - US and Canada only - PST/CIST | Full day overlap
- SALARY RANGE: $130k – $160k /yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
- EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years
- BRAINTRUST JOB ID: 8065
US/Canada-only | PT time zone required
Final compensation based on credentials, qualifications, and experience
What you’ll be working on
About the job
Versus Game is a prediction game where you get paid for being right. We are looking for a Senior UX Architect/Designer to help design and build cross-platform web and mobile applications. You will be working with an experienced global cross-functional team to build and launch awesome user experiences for the players as well as the creators hosting the games. We are looking for a highly skilled individual with a strong acumen to produce exceptional user experiences.
- Design highly engaging web and mobile experiences, including animations.
- Lead the full lifecycle of design across all platforms, collaborate with product managers and partners on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
- Work with product team to influence product creation through discovery, design and development cycles.
- Create detailed wireframes for user flows (from lo-fi to hi-fi as you progress through the process)
- Design mid to high-fidelity prototypes for testing
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs across all devices (mobile, desktop etc.)
- Participate in sprint planning discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact.
- 5-10 years experience designing consumer-grade experiences used by millions.
- Been the sole designer within the product triad on a team (product, design, dev)
- Experience working on customer facing web and mobile experiences.
- Startup experience is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners including engineers, and available for all key meetings throughout normal working hours.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Practiced iterative ideation and deliverables, seeking, and receiving feedback as a natural part of the product development process, and finding opportunities inside of requirements and constraints.
- Ability to define/understand customer-first user problem/job to solve for and align on a set of requirements with product and engineering partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills; data-driven; comfortable with ambiguity
- Develop simplified user flows to meet requirements and deliver a complete user experience (covering all use cases including edge cases)
- Understand user flow(s) within overall customer journey.
- Leverage all available data to inform key hypotheses and define measurement for proving/disproving; experienced instrumenting the product experience to track user activity and understand user journey.
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics of modern applications
- A strong online portfolio that showcases a variety of work to prove it all.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.