Lead Product Designer
Turn a calling into your career. At Deed, we are shaping the future of social good through a combination of tech, design, and culture. Our products help people and companies create positive change by making it easy and fun to give back, while also connecting with others.
Deed’s award-winning social volunteering app is currently being used by tens of thousands of volunteers, helping over 1,000 nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission. Our enterprise platform enables brands to manage, track, analyze, and quantify the social impact of their employees, as well as their participating consumers. We are leading the path-to-purpose with trailblazers like adidas, Stripe, Sweetgreen and Timberland. And that roster is growing, so we are looking for people with big hearts, and big brains, to join our passionate crew.
As Lead Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to use UX design and research, along with a culturally relevant brand approach, to disrupt the social impact space. You will collaborate with the product, marketing and customer success teams to imagine and deliver delightful experiences to our nonprofits & brand partners, as well as our volunteers and donors.
What you'll do
- Understand and optimize the user experience across various channels
- Advocate for volunteers and nonprofits, ensuring that our products are user-friendly and intuitive
- Design and validate new user flows by testing your wireframes and prototypes
- Conduct and synthesize user research methods to validate designs
- Identify qualitative and quantitative insights from user research data and business analytics to improve product decisions
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including customer success, engineering and product to develop elegant and practical solutions
- Adhere to our design system and brand guidelines, ensuring a high level of quality and establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product
- Embrace change and ambiguity to solve real societal problems
- 5+ years of product/UX design experience for web including responsive design, preferably including time at an early-stage startup
- Experience designing for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function while maintaining simplicity
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience developing products from conception to code—from prototyping, user testing and rapid iteration cycles to communicating elegant visual solutions
- A deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and spacing
- Self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Deed experience both visually appealing and easy to use
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Principle/Framer (After Effects experience a plus)
- Practical understanding of front-end programming to clearly communicate with engineers and translate your designs effectively into code
- Visual identity and graphic design expertise to tweak existing design language and ensure our brand is recognizable across app and marketing
- Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
- Equity range: .1% - .75%
- Help us change the world 💪
- Cool office in Greenpoint
- Opportunities for international travel (Berlin, Portland, San Francisco)
- Generous volunteering policy
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health insurance
Our Team’s Culture & Benefits
At Deed, our ambition is to change the world for the better. Which means that we have high expectations of one another, and ourselves. The work is challenging, fast-paced, and sometimes it extends beyond a 40 hour week. And yet, it works because we always have each other’s backs, and we always offer the flexibility to make daily choices that ensure we are sound in mind, body, and spirit.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is also an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives because that is how we best learn. From an operational perspective, our benefits include comprehensive health as well as professional development. All of this is to say that in order to do the best work of our lives, we understand that it begins with us – the people who work at Deed. If you are still enthusiastic after reading this, we’d love to meet and see if we’re right for one another.
Deed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.